sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising the logistics industry. The challenges are huge as many processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here
What will keep you challenged?
- We are scaling up the engineering department, and the platform team is very important for our successful growth. We need to build or improve our CI/CD, metrics, logging, and much more.
- We expect that you will be a person to share responsibility for driving these initiatives. You will communicate with engineers, product, QA, gather requirements and feedback, help in making pragmatic technical decisions, and lead execution.
- Manage and improve sennder’s highly demanding platform with state-of the art technologies such as Kubernetes, serverless computing, Elasticsearch, Postgres, message and event queues, Elastic Beanstalk on AWS, and much more
- Taking ownership of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Extending monitoring and alerting tools with a focus on business processes
- Improving platform security
- Become a mentor for other developers on DevOps and share expertise
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Being keen on knowledge sharing
- In depth experience of Kubernetes and AWS
- Working with Linux and knowledge of scripting languages like BASH, Python
- Assertive communication skills for an effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
- Never stop learning and being particularly passionate about technology
- Experience in configuring and running services on AWS
- Constant drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication)
- Cloud providers: Mostly AWS, some GCP services
- Main AWS services: EC2, ECS, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, SQS, S3
- IaC: Terraform
- Kubernetes (EKS), Helm
- Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL, Kafka (Confluent Cloud)
- CI/CD with GitLab CI
- Monitoring: Cloudwatch, Datadog, Sentry
- Python, Bash
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym!
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Flexible working, mix of remote and office (when safe to do so)
- A competitive salary
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.