About usINNOVATION HAPPENS HERE
It is sometimes hectic, very exciting, and always fun! Every day, you will find yourself facing different challenges, learning new things, working on cutting-edge technology, and building cool, high tech products.
Are you excited to build things that matter within an organization that’s pushing the boundaries of 3D mapping and computer vision? We have some of the world's leading experts in computer vision, image processing, and 3D mapping, and we work side by side with academia to advance these fields. Join the team that’s making it all happen.
At the end of the day, you’ll have a great sense of accomplishment, having contributed to building something completely innovative at the frontier of today's technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Take the chance to build & influence the performance of our high tech products instead of “only” running analyses or of doing “plain” software development
- Use top notch IT equipment, including Bose headphones
- Work closely with passionate, international & highly talented colleagues in a casual environment with flexible working hours
- Find us in the heart of Munich, close to Stiglmaierplatz with great cafes, shops and subway around
- Join your NavVis colleagues and continuously grow your biz/tech skills with courses from our internal “NavVis University” which brings you topics from expert internal & external trainers
- Strong teams are built on strong bonds. Join us for bi-monthly BrownBag lunches, regular team-building activities, self-organized employee activities (sky is the limit on these!) and annual team off-sites
- Take care of your well-being at work and enjoy our fully stocked kitchen with an original Italian coffee machine & all kinds of cereals and fruits
At NavVis we believe that high-quality products are built in a high-quality work environment. As the major innovator in the field of indoor scanning, NavVis engineers the most advanced Indoor Mobile Mapping System in the world and is looking for motivated people like you to design them. Are you excited to work in a team of open-minded people that are ramping up the production of cutting-edge technology made in Munich? Are you ready to work hands-on on a wide set of tasks ranging from system design to test engineering? As an Electrical Test Engineer, you will work as an integral part of bringing development projects to life and make them perform to the highest quality standards.
You will work on:
- Build and support custom hardware tools and software tools for in-house production
- This might include designing custom test rigs, PCBs, self-test firmware, and PC software
- Collaborate with engineering teams to address risk areas, defects, and debug open issues
- Investigate and develop new test methods to detect potential issues with our HW/SW in the early stages of production
- Identify and detail the appropriate level of quality at each stage of development and production with our QA team
- Introducing and applying quality processes (DfT, DfM, etc.)
- Updating and Controlling production processes and instructions
- Perform product testing and compliance testing for Electrical safety and EMC
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar with a focus on electronics
- 3 years of professional experience in electrical engineering and strong hands-on skills
- Experience in using Linux and terminal tools
- Embedded Software skills in C/C++
Good coding skills in Python
- Strong problem-solving skills and fun exploring the latest tech gadgets!
- Able to communicate and coordinate with a multidisciplinary team (supply chain, mechanics) along with external suppliers and development partners
- Structured and self-managed in your way of working
- Keen on working in a creative Design and Engineering Team
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
We will be thrilled if you have:
- Experience with firmware development in C/C++
- Designed and manufactured custom PCBs in Eagle or similar
- Built GUI tools with a focus on usability in production environments
- Worked in a SCRUM team before