We are looking for:
A new member of our Engineering Team at Project A, who is passionate about modern web technologies, loves clean code and enjoys learning new things. As part of your job, you would gain insights into many different working environments and software projects of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Participate in the entire development process from planning and discussing the architecture to quality assurance and the implementation of highly scalable platforms
- Drive the design and development of new innovative features from the technical point of view
- Build scalable, low-latency pipelines and components to handle large volumes of data
- Develop your own ideas for code and process improvements and work together with your team to reach the next level
- Ensure the quality of our applications/platforms through regular code reviews
- Share and expand your knowledge by exchanging information within the Project A IT team and within the network of developers about backend best-practices
- Java 8, Kotlin, PHP, Python, Golang, Nodejs, C# or others
- Symfony, Django, Spring or other modern frameworks
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch and other modern technologies
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- All architectures from monolithic to microservices
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures)
- Solid knowledge in at least one OOP (e.g. Java, PHP, Python, Ruby etc.) that is used for modern web development
- Profound experience in working with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with any modern web framework like Symfony, Django or Spring
- Ideally, you have worked with cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP
- You have the ability to work independently, but you can also estimate when to ask for help
- You know that development is always a team effort and communication is an essential part to achieve our goals together
- Please note that we are looking for support in our Berlin office. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
What to expect working with us:
- Growing in an inspiring team of bright minds
- Have a steep learning curve, take responsibility from day one
- Take advantage of discount opportunities from our portfolio companies
- Stay mindful with the mental health platform Unmind (free membership)
- Mentoring network within our portfolio with 250+ participants
- Brainfood sessions with inspiring topics and paid company lunch (even remote!) & team events
- Mobile work policy Germany-wide or option to work from a modern office (with rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin)
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
The most important ingredient for startups are exceptional founders.
We aim to be the best choice of partners for them
by being conviction and integrity driven investors
by providing access to operational excellence in product, growth, data and people
Project A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.