sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Strategy & Planning Intern to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Ops Strategy & Coordination team in the Berlin office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Ops Strategy and Coordination is an integral part of the Central Operations department. We shape sennder’s Operations strategy, and create processes and develop tools to achieve our business goals. We not only coordinate local Operations teams across sennder’s seven international markets, but also collaborate with a wide range of other departments on cross-functional projects. We steer innovation in our department to continuously improve the way we operate and revolutionize our industry.
As a Strategy & Planning Intern, you will play a vital role in supporting our team’s work and you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for your own projects from Day One.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
Analysis: Develop a deep understanding of our operational processes and the industry by performing and supporting a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
Coordination: Coordinate projects across our international offices and help the transfer of best-practices
Reporting & communication: Take over reporting tasks across a wide variety of cross-functional topics and help to continue developing the underlying KPIs and processes
PREFERABLY YOU ARE…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Engineering, Logistics, Economics, or another related field.
- Communication: you are able to convey ideas in a concise way and know how to adapt your style to different audiences
- Analytical mind: you are a sharp mind and you back your decisions with data
- Project management: You are able to prioritize efficiently in a multi-project, high-paced start-up environment
- A self-starter: you are proactive & you run the extra mile
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Experience (including internships) in strategy consulting, banking, Logistics or other fast-growing startups is a bonus
- Based in Berlin
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast growing, start-up-oriented international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.