We are heycar.
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing start-up in the center of Berlin that strives to break up the car buying market. We do this by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies in order to become a leader in our space. We have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture whilst being backed by major automotive players. Our team of highly motivated digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who has an attention to detail, both technical and team focused. Working on expanding heycar offering over new markets. All our product engineering teams are made up of an Engineering Manager, a Product Manager, a Product Designer and 4-5 Software Engineers.
Who we are looking for.
- You have experience and a passion for building, launching, and scaling great products
- You are both a people manager and technically hands-on
- You have already significant experience as an Engineering Manager or an engineering leadership role, or you are a very experienced Software Engineer confident in taking the step up to a people manager
- You have a profound understanding of software development process and agile methodologies
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones and care about learning in a continuous fashion
- You have significant experience working with engineering and product teams working in a user experience oriented cross-functional setting, ideally in scaled agile environments
- You excel at communication and group dynamics, enabling a sense of trust and safety. You have the ability to influence positively people you work with
- You feel comfortable in constructively raising issues and inspiring change
- You thrive in dealing with or resolving situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
What you will do.
- You will manage a team of Software Engineers. You will focus on inspiring, mentoring and building strong relationships with your direct reports on a personal level and help them develop their careers
- Additionally you will be the Delivery Manager for the product engineering team
- You will work closely with our recruitment team to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- You will communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts in your team
- You will be the subject matter expert for engineering in your team
- You have a very strong idea of the product vision for the dealer team and how your team contributes to that
- You are the sparring partner to the Product Manager and Product Designer for the team and other cross-functional stakeholders across the company network
- You will work with the Head of Engineering in nurturing the heycar Engineering Cultural Manifesto
What we have to offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Choice between Mac and Windows laptop
- Company bike
- Employee credit card after passing probation period
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Language courses
- Friday drinks, doing sports together, team lunch and much more
- A wide selection of beverages (healthy and not so healthy), snacks (only not so healthy) and fruit
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you! Your contact person is Fiona von Eitzen.