Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
Join our ambitious Product & Engineering organization, and contribute to a reliable user experience of our cloud-based Human Resources Software by using scalable quality assurance methodologies. In our vibrant StartUp environment with 150 employees to date your work will have significant impact on our product and our company. You will work with five mission-based product teams to become an expert in the product, its use cases and requirements. In this "green field environment" you will set up the test automation of the use cases and, with your work, help more than 100.000 users of Personio with the reliable execution of their business-critical HR tasks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identification of testing requirements and their implementation as a stakeholder in our agile Scrum process
- Improvement of the existing test suite by analyzing coverage gaps, writing automated tests (Unit, Integration and E2E tests), and improvement the overall test suite performance
- Introduction of best practices in automated testing across and within the product teams
- Over 5 years of experience in a QA engineering role, preferably in web product-centric environments
- Knowledge and ability to create tests across the full testing spectrum (from unit tests to e2e tests)
- Strong software engineering background, understanding of OOP
- Experience with one of the e2e testing automation frameworks (e.g. Cypress/ Protractor / Webdriver.io )
- Experience with two of the scripting languages (JS, Python, PHP, Ruby) and ability to automate routine tasks
- Knowledge of web software development life cycle and practical experience with CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience in working in a StartUp environment and implementing QA from scratch is a huge bonus
- Strong written and spoken English skills (level >= C1)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks.
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish
- Regular team events, e.g. raft trips on the Isar, ski trips, visits to the Oktoberfest and much more.
- Stylish and open office in the heart of Munich
- Flexible home office regulation
- Lightning-fast electric scooter of your choice as a "company car" (www.unumotors.com) or additional payment for MVV ticket
- Delicious Fairtrade coffee, various cold drinks, fruit and muesli for free
- Subsidized Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- Relocation support and 26 paid vacation days
- Weekly German language courses
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast growing company ($14.3M funding acquired to date)