We are heycar!
heycar wants to change the way customers find and buy their next car. We are a fast-growing startup in the center of Berlin that strives to break-up the used-car market by explicitly focusing on vehicle, dealer and service quality. We are heavily user-centric and invest in applying cutting-edge technologies to become a leader in our space. While we are backed by a major German automotive player, we have established an independent, agile and deeply entrepreneurial culture. Our team of highly motived digital experts is embracing the opportunity of challenging our market’s status quo. We’re looking for an ambitious and user centered Working Student UI Design – Design System to help evolving our Design System to the next level.
Who we are looking for.
- You help evolving heycar’s design language, our design components and patterns from concepts to implementation
- You provide tasteful, functional and cutting-edge design, concepts and prototypes
- You are part of regular A/B and usability tests of new components and evaluate them
- You will document learnings and design guidelines to share them across product teams
- You work closely with all UX/UI designers, with our researchers and frontend engineers to ensure a high level of quality and consistency across all our products and platforms
- You constantly seek out for design system best practices across industries
Who are you.
- You are a skilled and passionate design student with focus & experience in UI design
- You have an understanding of information hierarchy and how to come up with UI patterns
- You know how to deal with Sketch, Abstract and prototyping tools like.g. InVision, or Principle
- You know how to provide constructive feedback to designers and engineers
- You solve design problems pro-actively and communicate your process, decisions and results
- You also bring an understanding and interest in digital trends and familiarity for web & mobile applications
- You have excellent communication skills in English and German
- You have an outstanding portfolio demonstrating your skillset
- You have time to support us 20 hours per week
What we offer.
- The best mix between corporate and start-up culture
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Choice between Mac and Windows laptop
- Home office option
- Modern office design with a huge roof terrace in the heart of Wedding - 30 seconds from the Leopoldplatz tube stop (we timed it)
- Language courses
- Friday drinks, doing sports together, team lunches and much more
How does that sound to you?
Are you interested in helping to shape the mobility market of tomorrow? If so we look forward to hearing from you!