About usINNOVATION HAPPENS HERE
It is sometimes hectic, very exciting, and always fun! Every day, you will find yourself facing different challenges, learning new things, working on cutting-edge technology, and building cool, high tech products.
Are you excited to build things that matter within an organization that’s pushing the boundaries of 3D mapping and computer vision? We have some of the world's leading experts in computer vision, image processing, and 3D mapping, and we work side by side with academia to advance these fields. Join the team that’s making it all happen.
At the end of the day, you’ll have a great sense of accomplishment, having contributed to building something completely innovative at the frontier of today's technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Take the chance to build & influence the performance of our high tech products instead of “only” running analyses or of doing “plain” software development
- Use top notch IT equipment, including Bose headphones
- Work closely with passionate, international & highly talented colleagues in a casual environment with flexible working hours
- Find us in the heart of Munich, close to Stiglmaierplatz with great cafes, shops and subway around
- Join your NavVis colleagues and continuously grow your biz/tech skills with courses from our internal “NavVis University” which brings you topics from expert internal & external trainers
- Strong teams are built on strong bonds. Join us for bi-monthly BrownBag lunches, regular team-building activities, self-organized employee activities (sky is the limit on these!) and annual team off-sites
- Take care of your well-being at work and enjoy our fully stocked kitchen with an original Italian coffee machine & all kinds of cereals and fruits
You will work on:
- Developing our Indoor Mapping technology and its components including the real-time mapping and post-processing components and the team’s infrastructure
- One of the available development tasks for our software components. The tasks are related to our mobile mapping systems and touch Robotics, SLAM, Computer Vision, Calibration, point cloud processing as well as UI/UX development or advancing the CI/CD infrastructure.
- Improving the whole product life-cycle from the idea of design and development to testing and deployment.
- Contributing to the test automation framework
- Investigating creative approaches to increase test coverage with realistic use cases
- Partaking in test mappings in various environments
- Documenting test scenarios and results
- Reporting bugs and following up on their resolution
- Improving testing processes and strategies
- Good QA/QC knowledge
- Proficient scripting skills, preferably with Python
- Familiarity with command-line tools and Linux know-how
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to self-manage and to work independently
- Eagerness to tackle complicated challenges and getting things done
- Available for 10-20 hours per week as a working student
- Motivated to work on challenging problems
- Eager to become part of an excellent team
We will be thrilled if you have:
- Experience in test automation frameworks for desktop and web applications - or
- Successfully built your own C++ or Python applications - or
- Already participated in the development of large software projects - or
- Interest for and experience with working on hardware and sensors such as cameras, laser scanners, IMUs - or
- Interest in DevOps, CI/CD, and agile methodologies