About usINNOVATION HAPPENS HERE
It is sometimes hectic, very exciting, and always fun! Every day, you will find yourself facing different challenges, learning new things, working on cutting-edge technology, and building cool, high tech products.
Are you excited to build things that matter within an organization that’s pushing the boundaries of 3D mapping and computer vision? We have some of the world's leading experts in computer vision, image processing, and 3D mapping, and we work side by side with academia to advance these fields. Join the team that’s making it all happen.
At the end of the day, you’ll have a great sense of accomplishment, having contributed to building something completely innovative at the frontier of today's technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Take the chance to build & influence the performance of our high tech products instead of “only” running analyses or of doing “plain” software development
- Use top notch IT equipment, including Bose headphones
- Work closely with passionate, international & highly talented colleagues in a casual environment with flexible working hours
- Find us in the heart of Munich, close to Stiglmaierplatz with great cafes, shops and subway around
- Join your NavVis colleagues and continuously grow your biz/tech skills with courses from our internal “NavVis University” which brings you topics from expert internal & external trainers
- Strong teams are built on strong bonds. Join us for bi-monthly BrownBag lunches, regular team-building activities, self-organized employee activities (sky is the limit on these!) and annual team off-sites
- Take care of your well-being at work and enjoy our fully stocked kitchen with an original Italian coffee machine & all kinds of cereals and fruits
NavVis bridges the gap between the physical and digital world. With market-leading products like NavVis M6, NavVis VLX, and NavVis IndoorViewer, we empower our customers to capture and share the built environment as photorealistic digital twins.
Operating from offices in Munich, New York, and Shanghai, we employ over 200 people from more than 40 countries. Our company culture comprises people from all walks of life, including technologists, photographers, yoga practitioners, video gamers, runners, musicians, and more.
We're searching for a working student to join our Mapping and Perception team. Together with you, we will find a mixture of topics for you depending on availability and your specific skill set. You will have flexible working hours that you can easily adapt according to your schedule, lectures, and exams.
Would you like to work as part of a diverse team, improve your software development skills, and contribute to our company goals? Then we want to hear from you!
Join us today! For more information, visit www.navvis.com
You will work on:
- Developing and improving our Indoor Mapping technology with its components around computer vision, image processing and point cloud processing.
- Explore, evaluate and adapt state-of-the art algorithms.
- Provide engineering support to research efforts, working closely with other Software Engineers.
- Improving the whole product life-cycle from the idea of design and development to testing and deployment.
- Write high quality, well tested and documented code, ready to run in production environment.
- You share your knowledge in an agile team and participate in a continuous improvement of the software quality.
- You have a direct impact on the products and innovations of our customers
- Strong coding skills in C++ and Python is a plus
- Experience in object-oriented software development.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in computer vision and data processing.
- Knowledge of Unix/ environments.
- Experience with CMake, Git, command line tools and scripting languages (bash) is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- An independent, structured way of working with a strong interest in getting things done
- Available for 10-20 hours per week as a working student
- Motivated to work on challenging problems
- Eager to become part of an excellent team
We will be thrilled if you have:
- Successfully built your own C++ or applications - or
- Already worked with C++ Libraries like Boost, Eigen, OpenCV, ROS or PCL or worked with a larger code base - or
- Already participated in the development of large software projects, Github experience is a plus - or
- An interest for and experience in raw image processing - or
- An interest for and experience with working on hardware and sensors such as cameras, laser scanners, IMUs