About the opportunity
We are looking for a Web Engineer to join our office in Barcelona, and help add to our inclusive and efficient work environment.
You will work in the area of “Memberships” on some of the most crucial parts of the N26 experience around our Premium Membership Tiers, offering an unmatched experience to our customers.
You have strong fundamentals of web development such as its languages, security, design, performance and accessibility. You are keen to work closely with other disciplines on a wide range of projects. You care about quality, performance, user experience, and building accessible products for everyone.
You enjoy working in a team and are looking forward to contributing to creating a healthy work environment where people can thrive and contribute to N26 products.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Join one of our cross-disciplinary teams to work on N26 projects. There is a lot of exciting work ahead such as improving our great products like Spaces, and enhancing the initial experience for new customers.
- Work on a modern unified tech stack with the main components being Express, React, Apollo GraphQL, CSS-in-JS (with Fela) to name just a few.
- Be interested in contributing to our extensive documentation and our testing suite (unit testing with Jest, accessibility checks, end-to-end testing with Cypress…).
- On top of working with a modern tech stack on interesting projects, N26 offers a generous professional development budget and dedicated time to experiment with new technologies and ideas (known as Get Stuff Done Days). We also encourage engineers to attend and speak at conferences, providing assistance and support to get started on this matter.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience working on agile environments.
- Caring about quality, performance, user experience and security.
- Experience developing web applications and considering accessibility (WCAG 2.1 compliance knowledge or basic theoretical knowledge)
- Experience with web service APIs working with either REST, GraphQL or both.
Nice to have:
- Recent experience with React.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and actively improve their work environment and product.
- Eager to help bring together teams in four different countries into a single product.
- Strong call to action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.