As VP of Engineering for Debitoor, you’ll be responsible for the management and tech leadership of the Engineering department at Debitoor. The team has 29 engineers based, predominantly, in Copenhagen and Kiev – five of whom will be your direct reports.
The team is used to doing DevOps, with a continuous deployment way of working, ensuring that every new hire is able to deploy to production on day one. They are proud of the product they have built and they always strive for efficiency, trying to eliminate things that get in the way of running a very productive operation.
What you’ll do
- Establish yourself as the leader for the engineering department across all 29 Debitoor engineers
- Help strengthen the team with key hires to ensure we have the right engineering organisation
- Participate actively in the formulation and execution of our group’s strategy
- Guide strategic and tactical technology choices for our group
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing and Support to ensure we have a smooth operation and we can exceed our customers’ expectations
- Coordinate our technology efforts with all other engineering groups at SumUp, sharing best practices and collaborating for success
You’ll be great for this position if
- You are an enthusiastic engineering leader who has a passion for developing their team.
- You take a commercial approach to what you do and can think strategically about how the product can be augmented and improved, working closely with the CEO.
- You are excited by working in a rapidly growing and evolving organisation, with a highly international and diverse team.
- You are able to navigate across the broader organisation, forming collaborative working relationships in other areas of the business and with engineering teams in other tribes.
- You demonstrate mental agility, together with a desire to work in a fast moving and constantly growing and evolving business are key attributes for success.
- You have experience running a cloud based application and ensuring high service availability
- You have strong experience developing business management software in a SaaS business
- You have experience developing successful mobile applications
Why you should join Debitoor
- A challenging position at a successful international company with opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- The chance to join a dynamic young team at Debitoor’s headquarters, located centrally in Copenhagen.
- Opportunities to work across departments in case you have a flair for design, data, or accounting, for example.
- A social, diverse, and open work environment that encourages taking initiative and welcomes new ideas.
- A flat hierarchy true to its Scandinavian roots that allows you to participate in decision-making processes.
- Probably the best canteen in Copenhagen serving fresh, healthy, delicious options daily with a beautiful view.
Learn more about what it’s like to be part of the Debitoor team.
We exist for the brave individuals, from small businesses to freelancers, who strive to make their business vision a reality. As a professional invoicing and accounting software company, Debitoor runs on 2 rules: make your customer happy and trust your colleagues to make the best decision. Open and innovative, we strive to consistently bring our customers the best. Now an acquisition of the global FinTech company SumUp, our mission has tremendous opportunities to spread.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.