A Bit about us
At CLARK we believe that the significant things in life should be simple. With this vision in mind, we have set out to create an application which makes it easier, simpler, and faster for consumers to manage their insurances - all in one central place where changes can be done with just a few clicks. Our secret sauce is to combine a best-in-industry user experience with honest and independent advice from insurance experts.
Since our founding in 2015, we have served over 200,000 satisfied customers. We are extremely proud of our 200 employees from over 40 nations, working from our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Vienna and Püttlingen. We were recognized by the German tech magazine Gründerszene as the fastest growing technology company in Germany for 2019. We want your help to get us to the next level.
To grow and scale to new markets, we are looking for Vice president Data Intelligence
What you will be doing
- Drive initiatives that apply intelligent algorithms and take responsibility of uplifts for revenue, customer satisfaction and efficiencies
- Proactively include senior management in shaping your roadmap
- Make insights available to stakeholders in an easy way, so they can operate their part of the business
- Educate colleagues on business intelligence and enable them to leverage our information as champions in their departments
- Support the executive team on fundraising and investor reporting
- Support business projects from the idea to go-live and further optimizations
- Lead a team of business analysts and data scientists
- Define requirements for evolution of our data architecture and collaborate with data engineers from our architecture team to implement them
- Standardize, document and govern metrics and data structures for our domain
- Report directly to the CTO
Who you are
- A proactive and communicative personality with passion for collaboration
- A mindset to set direction and drive business decisions based on solid data
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with deep understanding of unit and marketing economics in fast moving digital businesses, ideally financial services or insurance
- Curious about business models, statistics, algorithms and programming
What you ideally have
- Applied business intelligence in > 2 different organisations or over > 5 years, covering reporting, self service bi, web analytics, product analytics, ai use cases, investor relations.
- A degree in information technology or business management studies
- Track record of successfully implementing data/ai use cases with business impact
- Ideally you would have used all or most of these: Postgresql, Superset, Mixpanel. Tableau, Pytorch, Clickhouse, Snowflake, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and adjust.
- Extensive hands on knowledge of SQL
- At least 3 years of previous experience in leading and building a team of business analysts, engineers and data scientists
- Good people management skills and successful in engaging stakeholders
- Analytical mindset, very good communication skills even on verbalising complex topics
- Very good command of English and German in speaking and writing
- Good understanding of GDPR
- Worked in agile software development environments as well as top down project management