sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a VP Shippers (sales, general manager) to join our Shippers team.
The role could be based out of the Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris or Madrid office and will report to the COO. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
As a VP Shippers you will lead all aspects of sennder’s shipper business, the critical “demand-side” of our flywheel platform. You will be responsible for all sales activity through a direct and indirect sales team.
You’ll be collaborating closely with country managers to develop and strengthen sennder’s shipper value proposition through a broad set of activities. You’ll be responsible for nearly all revenue on the P&L and you will be measured on your ability to grow this and to partner with VP Carrier and VP Pricing teams to improve and maximize gross margin. You will also be responsible for two full P&L businesses within sennder: sennControl and Shipper Portal.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Develop Europe’s #1 shipper platform: You will be responsible for enabling sennder’s top line to grow exponentially over the coming years. Acquiring and retaining shippers will require that you develop sales and marketing campaigns as well as products to help shippers monitor their freight and streamline their logistics.
- Have the end-to-end responsibility for the sales process and for the shipper-facing product experiences: You will take ownership of all customer-related processes and improve the customer experience via our product suite.
- Manage the central program and product teams: You will direct a team of centralized enterprise sales, program, and product managers with whom you will drive end-to-end sales process ownership.
- Drive retention efforts for shippers: We envision a world where it will be irresponsible for a shipper to NOT work with sennder. You will be responsible for improving existing services to maximize shipper’s wish to work with us.
- Own shipper growth: This is a strategically important P&L responsibility for sennder. You will own all of the expenses associated with selling services to shippers and this requires an extensive understanding of data, operations excellence, and partnership with our pricing and carriers team.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- 12+ years of professional experience
- Sales and Recruiting: Established experience in all marketing and sales dimensions in B2B environments, ideally in industries with B2B and contact channels to engage customers
- Product Management: In-depth insight into and hands-on experience in product visioning and product management. You must be able to recruit and coach a team to think long term, write business/product requirement documents, and make product roadmap decisions
- Data Driven, Inspirational Leadership: Strong analytical and data-based approach to find the most high-yield, effective channels to drive improve salesforce
- Experience making complex problems easy by breaking them down into many smaller tasks, driving these to the lowest cost delivery location, and ultimately “productizing” to enable machines to do the work
- Strategic Planning: You must be able to set the North Star vision for shippers at sennder. This includes the go-to-market strategy to attract, retain, and engage shippers, product platform, and operational and people processes to support your plan
- Industry Expertise: You should be knowledgeable and passionate about logistics. It would be outstanding if you understand road freight, and specifically full-truck-load transportation, however, excellent industry expertise in near related fields is also great!
- Other Skillsets: (1) Experience in hyper-growth and fast-paced environments; (2) Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity; (3) Enthusiasm to drive a scaling tech company on the road to IPO; and (4) Facility with understanding and managing P&Ls
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.