About the opportunity
We're looking for a Technical Writer who will help us to explain Contentful to both developers and content managers. Working with product designers, software developers, product managers, researchers and support agents, your writing will take the form of reference guides, API documentation, help center articles, and use-case driven tutorials. You’ll join our small but mighty Technical Writing team, focused on helping customers be successful with their Contentful implementation and ambitions.
What to expect?
- Create industry class documentation for a company that cares about both developer and authoring experience
- Analyze documentation needs and make recommendations regarding documentation priorities
- Communicate highly complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Coach engineers to improve their writing
- Review, test, and edit content submitted by non-writer contributors
- Write and iterate on in-app copy, including interaction flows, button labels, error messages, emails, etc.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your results and finish what you start
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
What you need to be successful?
- You’re an experienced Technial writer with a track record of producing technical documentation, release notes, and explainers about products from inception to evolution
- You write clear, conversational, and technically correct English, prose and possess a strong command of grammar, spelling, and style
- You have proven working experience in technical writing, including API documentation
- You have experience with Git and docs-as-code workflows
- You have the ability to work independently, get tasks done quickly and earn the trust to do a good job with little supervision
- Ability to learn and understand complex technical concepts and explain them to developer or content manager audiences
- Excel at interpersonal communication and active listening, with a keen attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.