From blogs and online magazines to podcasts and newsletters: Steady enables digital media and creatives to access a sustainable income and independence via memberships. More than 40,000 people support hundreds of Steady projects with a monthly or annual membership. Because good work deserves more than a like. Join our international team in the heart of Berlin and help us change the European media landscape for good!
We built Steady beacause we needed it — now we support other independent publishers to set up a membership business.
Together with the product team you’ll work on our mission to provide an easy to use, stable, consistent and well-structured product that enables Steady publishers to grow and engage with their communities.
- Set up and lead user tests
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how modules function and look like
- Communicate closely with the development, sales and growth team
We are looking for a person that loves to learn and has a good sense for systems and functionality — don't worry if you think you don't check all boxes, we will have other team members with a complementary skillset.
In order to work on the whole process from setting up a user test to implementation and launch of features and improvements, you need a very diverse skillset, including:
- Curiosity to learn new tools and methods
- Having a human centered approach
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with other team members
- A good understanding of design systems and how to implement and maintain them
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Good time-management skills
What we offer
- We are media makers ourselves, i.e. we feel for our customers - we are honestly happy for them when things go well and we suffer with them when things grind down. In any case, it is not boring!
- We share the floor with colleagues from the journalist team of "Krautreporter", which means you meet people in the coffee kitchen who always work on interesting topics.
- We offer a full-time position with a long-term perspective.
- The Steady office is located in the historic Kulturbrauerei complex in Prenzlauer Berg, which means many dining facilities within walking distance, very good public transport connections, car sharing parking lots and electric vehicle charging stations in front of the door.