About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
It’s an exciting period of growth at Urban Sports Club as we continue to expand into new markets while also further developing our core product. Due to this growth, we have several projects in the pipeline and need to hire an experienced Product Designer to be actively involved in defining product strategy.
Our ideal candidate is someone who understands the intricacies of brand, visual design and UX with the ability to pick up projects and run with them. Based at our headquarters in the heart of Berlin, you’ll be working closely with our growing Design and Product teams to help us build intuitive and delightful experiences for tens of thousands of users across Europe!
How you apply your skills
- Step into the USC members' shoes and understand the product from their point of view
- Conduct usability tests and gather feedback
- Collaborate with Product Manager & Engineers to evaluate user requirements while adhering to project timelines & technical constraints
- Apply your design thinking and execution skills throughout the entire product lifecycle, keeping a proactive eye on opportunities to step in and step up
- Work on all user-facing interfaces, including the core products
- Handoff design ideas and prototypes to developers then stay in the loop with the devs and other stakeholders for successful execution
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
What you need to succeed
- Experience designing successfully shipped products with a large user base
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of how to apply UI design methodologies to iOS, Android and Web products
- An objective eye for design
- Working proficiency with design and prototyping software such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into high-quality digital experiences
- An updated portfolio with recent projects highlighting your capabilities in UX and visual design
What's In It for You?
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within a fast growing, innovative and performance-driven company during the outset of its international market expansion.
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two.
- Lots of learning opportunities! We enable you to grow both personally and professionally.
- An autonomous work environment that embraces self-responsibility, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas.
- Many additional perks including: regular team events, foreign language classes, periodic home office flexibility, choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more.
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (and lots of colleagues to use it with!)