Who we are
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
We are currently seeking a passionate and talented UX/UI designer to join our Design team. The ideal candidate should have 3 to 4 years of full time relevant working experience and a strong portfolio with a clear emphasis on UCD methodology applied to case study for consumer and B2B oriented projects.
Previous working experiences with internal operational tools development is strongly preferred.
As UX Designer, you will collaborate with our design, software, and operation teams to create professional design solutions to develop the future of indoor farming digital products to the operational workflow of our service.
You will actively participate and potentially lead all stages of concept development including qualitative and quantitative research, pain point analysis, information hierarchy analysis, prototype development, usability testing.
- Drive end-to-end interdisciplinary projects through iterative UCD design methodology and tools (e.g. in depth interview, user shadowing, user diary, workshops)
- Define key use cases & scenarios and communicate it through user journeys, service blueprints, persona & storyboards to product managers and engineering team.
- Visualise and communicate new potential concepts & directions using relevant methods (wireframes, flows, mockups and prototype…)
- Transform users needs and expectations into polished design propositions.
- Proactively seek for consensus between users' expectations and technological limitations.
- Clearly present digestible design process deliverables to the engineering team.
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent UX/Interaction Design degree.
Minimum 3-4 years of full-time UX & UI design experience in agile consumer-focused, high-performance startup organization(s).
Experience in developing usability oriented tools for B2B operational purposes is a strong plus.
- Deep working & proven knowledge in user experience including wireframing, user flow mapping, pain point analysis, platform parity analysis, and information hierarchy analysis
- Experience working with User-centric design approach with a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative methods including in-depth interviews, remote research, prototype testing, usability testing, surveys, market landscape analysis
- Strong ability to translate research findings into relevant insights and opportunities for developers, product owners and other stakeholders
- Preferred design tools: Figma, Miro
- Documentation tools: Jira, Confluence, Dovetail
- Working knowledge with Scrum and Kanban
- Attention to details: write “I love basil” in your cover letter :)
- English fluency with strong verbal and written communication is a must
Please send inquiries with your resume and portfolio (web, pdf, etc). Make sure to at least integrate a link to your portfolio in your CV or resume. Applications with no portfolio will be disregarded.
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.