Program Manager, Python
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is on the lookout for a talent to join our Global Operations team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. You can learn more from us here.
As our Program Manager, Python focusing on load operations automation, you will help to increase efficiency and quality for sennder’s operations. You will be significantly contributing to providing the best-in-class experience to our internal and external clients. Your work will have a major impact on customer satisfaction and hence on sennder’s success. You will be working in cross-functional teams and collaborating closely with all of sennder’s seven operational markets in Europe. This role reports into the Head of Automation at sennder and is located in our Berlin HQ.
Process Automation & Efficiency Improvements
- Drive analysis on automation potential of current processes and procedures
- Take ownership and design and development of automation solutions
- Own and maintain automation solutions across the entire Global Operations department
- Ensure best-in-class service by the automations
- Collaborate closely with operational stakeholders to implement
- Problem solving. We're faced with new and exciting challenges every single day. Identify and implement short-term solutions in a timely manner, while helping define the long-term solution.
Analytics & Reporting
- Drive analysis of process automation and performance to ensure measurable impact of your automation solutions
- Establish and maintain a company wide reporting structure on automation performance that fosters data driven decision making
Projects & Support
- Build and maintain industry expertise in the areas of logistics and road freight - you will be the expert in Load Operations Automation and will provide regular insights.
- Initiate and manage various projects to improve sennder’s Load Automation performance.
- Identify and prioritise new feature requirements for further product developments.
- Work closely with the program managers who define the product roadmap for our visibility product team.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Logistics, or another related field.
- You have a good practical experience (4+ years) in Python
- A self-starter - there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You'll have the support of your manager and other cross-functional teams, but you'll need to be the one driving this forward autonomously.
- A willingness to 'get into the weeds' and a continuous improvement attitude.
- Data prowess – passion for leveraging data to influence decisions.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in a high-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to manage a highly diverse stakeholder group.
- Proven experience utilizing your project management and strong communication skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Based in Germany or the willingness to relocate.
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics/ transportation knowledge or experience
- Experience in dashboard tools, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI
What We Offer:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 7 different countries, 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office.
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow.
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development, incl. mentorship.
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits.
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams.