About usZAGENO was founded in 2015, ZAGENO is eliminating bottlenecks to breakthrough science and research through curated connections linking scientists and their institutions’ procurement offices with leading life science vendors. World-renowned academic and government research facilities, global pharmaceutical companies, and biotechs large and small are already users of our unique online biotech marketplace, currently comprising more than three million products.
What do we do?
Our growing ZAGENO team of 60 in Cambridge, USA, and Berlin, Germany, includes experts in science, e-commerce, systems integration, and customer support to enable smarter, faster processes — allowing more time and resources for value-added science and better research results. Find out more on https://zageno.com
- We help scientists choose the optimal laboratory kits and materials for each unique experiment setup.
- We make purchasing transactions more efficient for both buyers and sellers.
- For our vendor partners, we provide a valuable, expanded sales channel.
About the Role
The Technical Lead will play a critical leadership role in advancing Zageno’s product development and innovation. The Tech Lead will provide technical leadership to Engineers and work with the Product Management/Engineering Manager to implement reliable and scalable solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to the team with design, architecture, and estimation. Own end-to-end implementation of new initiatives and/or enhancements to existing initiatives
- Work with the Product Manager and the team in planning and elaborating technical stories for sprint releases
- Participate in troubleshooting production issues and work with the team to continuously evaluate and improve the quality, reliability, and scalability of the Zageno platform
- Conduct research, build proofs-of-concept, and lead architecture/design discussions
- Continuously evaluate existing engineering processes and recommend improvements
- Take complete ownership of a key aspect of the platform and mentor the team in owning the codebase – all the way to production, including continuous deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Build relationships with architects, business owners, and other stakeholders across Zageno and influence technology decisions based on data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with modern server-side programming languages such as Python and/or NodeJS.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- 8 years of demonstrated software engineering experience in an agile environment designing, architecting, and implementing robust distributed/scalable systems preferably for modern SaaS application
- 3 years of technical leadership experience
- Have previously lead projects from beginning to production
- Understanding of microservices and hands-on experience building RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of API Management frameworks and building scalable and high-performance APIs and workflows
- Experience with advanced SQL/No-SQL and graph databases is a plus – Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Amazon Aurora, Redshift, Neo4j
- Carry out regular code reviews, enforce coding best practices, source control, and deliverables.
- Jump on hands-on coding to help developers in the team to get tasks done and remove blockers.
- Working for a mission-driven business with a meaningful challenge making a positive impact on the scientific community
- A clear growth perspective
- A professional and dynamic team with a global vision and mindset
- An exciting, international working environment (we have 45 nationalities!)
- Competitive compensation
- A learning and development budget to enable your ambitions to grow
- Health benefits - medical, dental, and vision
- 401K with company match
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- Commuting and Fitness Benefits
- A budget to improve your home office environment