scoutbee's AI-driven suite is leading the digital procurement (r)evolution, we are building the future of highly effective sourcing and scouting by creating smart and data-driven connections between buyers and suppliers.
Our mission is to define how the world works and provide products that help procurement leaders find global suppliers faster and gain deep insights enabling them to make confident purchasing decisions.
We are an open, inclusive, and diverse organization and our employees are at the heart of the great products we create. We have two offices in Germany and you can choose to work from either Würzburg or Berlin.
To help us continue to build great products, we are searching for a collaborative Tech Lead who will help our teams excel in design and implementation of our core products.
Your role in our beehive
- Help your team to good decision making when it comes to integrating with current architecture by collaborating with Senior Tech Lead/EM and Principal Engineer
- Partner with team members to drive constant improvements in engineering processes and strategy.
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested, and scalable code
- Improve code quality and maintainability by aligning with existing architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Act as a sparring partner with the team members and stakeholders on the impact of product ideas and possible implementations
- Actively reach out and collaborate with other teams to keep high initiative, identifying opportunities and mitigating risk
- Contribute to improving our release processes by delivering work in smaller batches
- Share architecture knowledge, learnings and best practices with the team
- Represent the company on Tech-Events such as Meetups
Our tech stack
- Programming Languages: Django, Python, Go, Flask, ReactJS
- AI: Pytorch, FastText, Word2Vec, Doc2Vec, Transfer Learning, BI LSTM CRFs
- Deployment: AWS, Terraform, Docker (via ECS), Kubernetes
- Data Engineering: ELK, Kafka, Spark, Airflow
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions
What you bring to our beehive
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead engineer
- Demonstrable experience where your technical leadership has been instrumental to shipping successful projects
- Deep working knowledge with our tech stack
- Experience building web applications or server-side software.
- Strong problem solver who proactively identifies problems and helps guide product leadership and engineering teams toward a solution
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- Independent and pragmatic adoption of new technologies and concepts
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent communication in English.
What's in it for you? #beehivelife
- Modern offices in Berlin and Würzburg with ergonomic, non-Ikea chairs
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of home-office
- A strong emphasis on a Positive Intercultural Environment and Diverse Culture (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion matters. To employees, leaders, and investors, which is why we actively invest in DE&I across the entire employee journey)
- An innovative and international working environment characterized by flat hierarchies, a great company spirit and an open feedback culture
- Excellent professional development opportunities through a generous educational budget and clear career levels
- Wellness budget (Urban Sports Club, Counselling through Better Health, company organized marathons)
- High end coffee, snacks, fruits, beers and sodas
- Supplement for daycare
- Language courses, custom to your level and lifestyle through Lingoda
- Virtual ESOP for all employees, because ownership at all levels matters
Are you super driven in Engineering but your level of experience doesn't meet our requirements? Nevertheless, this job ad sounds super interesting for you - Please don't hesitate! We are aware that underestimation of one's own abilities and the imposter syndrome can be reasons why someone doesn't dare to apply.
We'd love to hear from you!
scoutbee is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic background, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
scoutbee’s mission is to help the right purchasers and the right suppliers connect, anywhere in the world. scoutbee delivers procurement teams a smarter supplier discovery suite. Powered by AI and continuously curated data, scoutbee traces the supply chain of millions of suppliers to bring together supplier information with deep insights and a simple, digital process for strategic sourcing. Founded in 2015 by procurement, operations and engineering experts, scoutbee offers its strategic sourcing solution in Europe and in the US. scoutbee received global recognition in May 2019 at the World Procurement Awards with the “Highly Commended” award for technology. scoutbee has to date raised $76M in funding from investors including Atomico, Lakestar, Next47, Toba Capital, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures and 42CAP.