Who we are
N26 has reimagined a banking platform for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
N26 U.S. is a fintech company, not a bank. Banking services are provided by Axos Bank; Member FDIC (Certificate 35546). | Read more
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Tech Lead to establish, and deliver upon a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Tech Lead at N26, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
In this role, you will
- Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt
- You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team, shipping it into production on at least a daily basis.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic N26 engineering attitude
- Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture and discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
- Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger
What you need to be successful
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including Java 8 or Kotlin
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code
- Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
The qualities that lie at the heart of our interview process include candidate experience, equal opportunity and transparency. With these guiding principles in mind, our process is designed to allow both parties to get a better understanding of what working with each other would look and feel like. Here are the steps you can expect throughout your interview experience with us:
- Screening Call - the screening call will be your first touchpoint in clarifying the framework conditions for the role
- Hiring Manager Interviews - your next step will be a conversation with the hiring manager who can provide you with more information specific to the day-to-day expectations for the position
- Technical Challenge/Code Pairing Session - at this point, a technical assessment and simulation of on the job interaction is required to help our team better understand your capabilities
- Final/Team Interviews - finally, meeting key stakeholders and peers who you would be working with is an important last step in allowing both parties to engage in meaningful conversations to help make a final decision. The interview partners will assess your skill-set and knowledge via a competency and technical framework.
Interviewing for a new role is a big deal, and we know that. We appreciate you considering N26 as the next step in your career. The Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.