At Holoplot, we develop innovative hardware and software solutions to push the boundaries of what you thought loudspeakers are capable of: Using real-time wave field synthesis and 3D beamforming, our systems enable a radically new approach to sonically outstanding, high-quality speech and music reproduction, even in the acoustically most challenging environments.
We build our products with love for music, commitment to the highest possible quality, and a passion for disrupting the status quo.
In 2017, we were honored with the SXSW Innovation Award, but we are far from done yet: Being nominated one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world, we have embarked on the mission to develop the most revolutionary live entertainment sound system in the world.
What you will doHOLOPLOT is a pro audio company from Berlin. Since early 2011, we have been working on radically transforming audio technology by re-thinking the underlying physics of sound reproduction.
We have recently launched the HOLOPLOT X1 Matrix Array, the sound system for a new era, a powerful tool that brings previously inaccessible capabilities to the world of audio - enabling a completely new way of designing and experiencing sound in 3D.
At the heart of all HOLOPLOT sound systems is our modeling, simulation, and configuration software, HOLOPLOT Plan. It enables our clients, acoustic consultants, and other system designers to plan the physical layout of a HOLOPLOT system, to define the properties of the sound fields, and to set acoustic parameters such as EQ and delay. Applications of HOLOPLOT range from systems optimized to providing perfect speech intelligibility across an entire venue to creating immersive entertainment experiences that engulf the audience in omni-directional sound.
Together with a talented team of C++ developers, the Product Manager, and the Product Designers (UX and UI), you will work on HOLOPLOT Plan. Plan is an in-development software solution that enables sound system designers to simulate, set up, and optimize a HOLOPLOT audio system to achieve state-of-the-art sound coverage and fidelity even in the most demanding situations.
Your role and responsibilities
- This is a high-impact role - you will be leading the technical strategy and development of one of HOLOPLOT’s core products.
- As the Tech Lead of your team, you will be a decisive & leading example for the software engineers in your team - spending the majority of your time working hands-on with the team, building the software together.
- You will be a true enabler of the people around you, raising the bar through your own individual development contributions, and fostering the technical growth of your software engineering teammates through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- You will build and maintain an engineering culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team.
- You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Product Designer to come up with usable, feasible, and valuable product features.
- Your area of expertise is assessing technical feasibility, reducing complexity, and identifying possible technology-enabled solution paths towards fulfilling the customer needs.
- You will drive architectural and other technical decisions within your team.
- You will increase the performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas on how to improve team internal processes and collaboration.
Together with the other teams’ Tech Leads and the Head of Software Engineering, you help to deal with cross-stack features which involve multiple teams.
What you need to succeed in this role
- experience mentoring and leading a team of software engineers who want to learn daily
- a keen eye for all aspects of code quality and architecture robustness
Nice to haves
- up-to-date C++ knowledge (C++17 and upwards)
- design pattern knowledge
- on point dedication for modern and clean code, testability, maintainability, and continuous integration
- experience in concurrency
- a positive mindset towards trying out new ideas (yours and others) quickly
Experience with any of the following technologies, all used in HOLOPLOT Plan, would be nice to have:
- 3D pipelines
- ECS architecture
We offer you
Sounds good? Apply now and let's shape the future of sound together!
- The opportunity to take part in an industry-changing journey, working at the forefront of audio technology together with a world-class team
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to make an impact from day one
- A highly motivating environment where you can grow and learn by working on incredibly ambitious challenges with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Competitive salary and an attractive company pension scheme
- 30 days of annual leave, flexible working hours, flexible working-from-home policy
- A modern office located on the south end of Tempelhofer Field overlooking the old airport
- Weekly team lunch and discounted Urban Sports membership
- An annual budget for individual professional development
- Relocation budget to Berlin and assistance with the visa process
Further InformationHOLOPLOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOLOPLOT appreciates and celebrates the diversity within the company. Therefore, people of all genders, gender identities, any ethnic and religious background, national origin, age, marital or economic status, are encouraged to apply. We are strengthened by diversity and we strive to provide a flexible work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly, and with respect.