Data is transforming the world. It changes traditional businesses and enables innovation which helps create better products, services and customer experiences. At adsquare, we created a neutral and transparent marketplace to enable companies make better marketing decisions that result into more relevant customer engagement. Our real-time platform brings together buyers and sellers of data in a fair, secure and privacy-friendly way. We empower our partners and clients with sophisticated, yet easy to use self-service instruments, putting them in control and ensuring full transparency.
Our platform processes billions of data points, adds a layer of intelligence and helps making data actionable. To achieve this, we gathered international talent sharing the same vision and passion for cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2012, adsquare is a global company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Milan.
Join our mission and have a real impact on the digital marketing landscape.
About the teamWe are currently seeking a Tech Lead / Senior Backend Developer, to help senior management drive technical vision, architectural guidance and provide leadership for a team of BE and FE engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. This is an opening for someone who is passionate about bringing valuable products to our customers! The role sits within the Product- and Tech- organization and directly partners with other Product Owner, UX, Backend/Frontend Engineers, Data team.
You will provide expert consultation in developing an ever-growing web based product in conjunction with our Product Owner. You will manage the most complex integration projects, will be an infrastructure expert and be able to communicate concepts and best practices to both technical and non-technical teams.
We are a multi-functional team of driven people with an outstanding team spirit. We are passionate about data, technology and building awesome products – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together!
Your MissionYou are a senior developer
- You translate business objectives into technical execution for engineers/developers (e.g. config setup, APIs, etc.)
- You drive Backend projects directly or indirectly and provide architectural and technical leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- You review implementations and provide in-depth technical guidance for improvements
- You create and implement short and long-term strategies in terms of technological growth
You lead the team
- You work closely with the rest of the tech leads and senior engineering leadership team to ensure we're building a highly reusable codebase
- You provide mentoring and guidance to Frontend engineers and encourage them to constantly reach new heights within their career
Cross functional responsibilities
- You successfully partner with team members from Product, UX, Backend, Frontend and Data to support building smart web products
- You are curious about machine learning algorithms and libraries
- You have the desire to quickly learn new technologies and are take pragmatic and adequate choices regarding tools for different tasks
- You believe in lean and agile development (Kanban / Scrum) in multi-functional teams, and are convinced that responsibility for your work does not end with the deployment
- +5 years of experience as a Java 8+ developer with a deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem
- you have solid experience in building microservices and distributed systems, as well as an understanding of web tech
- You are proficient in NoSQL and SQL databases and high-throughput data related architecture and technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop)
- You write clean, well-maintainable code
- You have experience with continuous delivery systems and build tools (Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, SBT)
- You are able to hold a technical discussion in fluent English
- Strong communication skills
- Having experience in people management is a big plus, being willing to get into it a requirement
- You love working in a team and see value in exchanging ideas
Our Software StackJava 8+, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, SBT, NoSQL, SQL...
Why us ?
- You work together with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers
- You have a sensible impact on our strongest product and therefore the success of the growth of the company
- You combine success and fun within a great company culture together with people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours / home office regulations, working in from the headquarters in the start-up centre of Berlin-Mitte in our charming office
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package
Desired start dateImmediately