About the opportunity
We are seeking an assured Tech Lead to join our expanding teams in Berlin or Barcelona, establish, and deliver upon, a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
As a Tech Lead at N26, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
You will join the Payments Segment in the Platform Domain, located in sunny Barcelona. Here on Payments, we are responsible for enabling N26 payment flows with best-in-class services and solutions. Timing wise you are joining at an exciting moment, during which we are defining our strategy to grow Payments infrastructure by developing a scalable architecture.
In this role, you will:
- Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt.
- You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Drive the team's build-it-ship-it attitude's by demonstrating healthy engineering practices, writing clean, well-tested, and well-refactored code with the team, and shipping it into production as often as possible
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic N26 engineering attitude
- Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture and discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
- Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and be willing to actively propose findings during participation in our GSDD.
What you need to be successful:
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including Java 8 or Kotlin
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code, TDD, refactoring
- Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.