OUTFITTERY is the biggest personal shopping service for men in Europe. We’re for those who want a little more substance from style, more guidance and expertise - less rules and less routine. Because we believe that style is an unfolding story. We aim to inspire and empower - not dictate what to wear. We understand that style is a journey, and we’re here to guide the way. Every customer gets a personal selection of clothes, which our stylists create out of more than 100 brands - always considering his wishes and budget. He only pays for what he keeps. Our mission is to empower anyone to unlock their true style.
About the tech teams:
We are 35 engineers who work in teams of 3 to 6 engineers. We believe in keeping the teams small. Each team is responsible for their part of the platform - from concept through development until deployment and operation.
Our product managers are integrated into the dev teams and we work very closely together with our data scientists. Together we transform Outfittery towards a truly data driven vision that relies on machine learning algorithms to steer our business and thus our platform, too.
We’ve split this platform into ~60 microservices that communicate via direct REST calls and asynchronous messaging via RabbitMQ and Kafka. These services are written in Groovy, Java, and Kotlin. Our web applications use ReactJS. Overall we are pretty happy with this tech stack but we are planning to evolve that setup in the future. Currently we are in the process of migrating our deployment over to AWS.
About the role:
As Team Lead Java Software Engineering (f/m/x) you will not only be responsible for all the technical aspects within core responsibilities of your team. More so, you will act as coach and mentor. Making every team member a little better every day by helping them to achieve their goals. Make sure that you together will create a state-of-the-art product for our customers and partners.
This will be your responsibilities:
- Leading a software development team building scalable services to enable our customers unlocking their style.
- Close interaction with Product Management and other Team Leads on cross-team architecture, processes, and technology solutions.
- Driving your team to develop roadmaps, specifications and documentations for the services and functionalities. Define team priorities and ownership of goals within the team.
- Mentoring, supporting and coaching your team members to help them grow.
- Ensuring timely delivery of deliverables.
This is what we like about people joining our team:
- Good leadership and communication skills with your team members as well as stakeholders. Strongly focussing on leading by example, sharing your knowledge within your team and OUTFITTERY.
- Experience in leading software development teams in a microservice environment.
- Extensive prior experience as Software Developer in JVM stack environments (Spring, Spring Boot).
- You are familiar with common cloud solutions (preferably AWS), relational databases (PostgreSQL), and agile environments.
- Strong DevOps mindset for deploying and monitoring applications.
- Fluent English is a must in our international team.
- Self-responsibility and proactiveness with a sense for excellence.
Training opportunities - The development of our employees is very important for us. Therefore we offer external and internal trainings and coachings, as well as free german courses.
Flexible working hours - By offering home office and flexible working hours, we give our employees the opportunity to make their everyday life efficient.
Employee discounts - Our employees can benefit from a 40% discount on OUTFITTERY products as well as various discounts via our partner portal Corporate Benefits.
Office - A newly refurbished, bright, open office space in Berlin - Kreuzberg - we have air-conditioning, too. As a company we decided to enable WFH until August 2021 so you have the comfort of your home during this pandemic. If you wish to pay a visit to the office, you are welcome! You can book shared desk space upfront via our office management.
Health - We like sports - do you? To promote health and wellbeing of our colleagues we offer in-house (offline) sport activities such as Yoga, KungFu and Kicker Tournaments. Besides, we offer corporate health days on a yearly basis together with our partner TK. On top, we are proud to have a dedicated Mental Health coach in our team who supports in professional and personal matters.
Intrigued? Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possible starting date. Your contact person is Christian Richter.