About usA world in which men do what really makes them happy.
The JobAt OUTFITTERY, we believe that style is an unfolding story. We’re for those who want a little more substance from style, more guidance and expertise - less rules and less routine. We aim to inspire and empower - not dictate what to wear. We have the technology to make ideas reality, and the stylists to give our customers the confidence to explore. We understand that style is a journey, and we’re here to guide the way. Our mission is to empower anyone to unlock their true style.
About the Tech teams:
We are 35 engineers who work in teams of 3 to 6. We believe in keeping the teams small so they can all fit into the same room. Each team is responsible for their part of the platform - from concept through development until deployment and operation.
Our product managers are integrated into the dev teams and we work very closely together with our data scientists. Together we transform Outfittery towards a truly data driven vision that relies on machine learning algorithms to steer our business and thus our platform, too.
We’ve split this platform into 50+ microservices who communicate via direct REST calls and asynchronous messaging via RabbitMQ. These services are written in Groovy, Java, and Kotlin. In addition, we are currently replacing AngularJS by ReactJS in our web applications and recently we've finished the migration of our microservices to Docker and Kubernetes.
Now is the time to join the company as we are evolving ourselves and accelerating our growth - a lot! And now is the time to join exactly this team as we are in the process of re-writing a large part of our services and evaluating a new tech stack to do that. We have experienced developers working on this, but we need a lead to keep the big picture in mind and define the vision and drive innovation in the right direction.
Your responsibilities in this role:
• Hands-on coding! 30-50% of your time will be dedicated contributing to the
team’s daily coding work
• You make sure your team is well. This implies:
• Tech vision - you are responsible for architectural decisions and help your team to
evolve to their best performance, doing code reviews and tests
• People management - you enable your team members to perform and grow, provide
feedback and take responsibility for HR related decisions
• Delivery - you are in charge of planning the development process together with the
product manager to ensure on time delivery
• You know, track and improve your team’s KPI’s
• You Improve the technical system that the team runs, provide a technical direction for your own team, and drive it so it becomes reality.
• Prior experience in leading a development team of three or more
• Well-founded knowledge about computer science and in developing in Java 6+ web
• You consider Spring and Hibernate stacks self-evident
• You are well trained in RESTful Web Services, can write JSON without thinking and
• You know your way around a Linux shell
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus
• You are a natural leader who keeps up easily in a fast paced environment and doesn’t
lose focus in stressful times
• You are informed, open and playful with new technology trends and you like to
• You have capacity to quickly understand a complex business domain (processes, projects, features, external partners)
• You are a great communicator with very good English skills ( German language is a plus)
• Prior experience in business domains like logistics or finance is a plus
• Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
Reasons to join our team:
• We believe in building strong teams that have a clear purpose
• The opportunity to work part-time if you want
• Diverse team which offers equal opportunities to everyone
• An international environment: our 300 employees come from over 30 countries
• Regular hackathons and tech talks
• An environment which encourages you to stay curious and try out and learn new
• If you apply from abroad we offer you a relocation assistance
• We offer German and English classes to you and your spouse
• Employee discounts and other benefits
Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possiblestarting date. Your contact person is Joe Porter.