About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
The OpportunityOur Lead Backend Engineering role is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact on Urban Sports Club’s rapidly growing member base across Europe. Last year alone we doubled our member base. We’re looking for a passionate Lead Backend Engineer who has strong experience building an engineering team and increasing quality within product development processes. You will be able work with our platform in key areas to appeal in a growing market.
How you apply your skills
- Build backend engineering team unit by recruiting employees
- Oversee and lead activities of backend engineering team members
- Design and code solutions to meet defined business requirements
- Work as part of cross-functional, passionate agile team to ensure delivery of product features
What we use
- Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Detox
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, React.js, jQuery
- Phalcon, PHP 7, PHPUnit, Behat
- Swift, Kotlin, React Native
- REST API, JSON, SOAP
- AWS, Debian, Docker, nginx
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Git, Scrum
- JIRA, TestRail
What you need to succeed
- You are proactive, goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable and a have a structured way of working
- You have 4+ year experience in software development of web based products with PHP (PHP7 experience required)
- You have proven ability to lead a team of 3-5 engineers
- You are experienced in managing large and complex activities and processes across multiple projects
- You are able to work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Experience with Golang is a plus
- Experience in release management tasks is a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and DevOps is a plus
- Good communication skills including business communication in English
What's In It for You?
- 2 free Urban Sports Club L-Memberships
- Team events on a regular basis
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Standing desk
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in Berlin
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- Fully equipped kitchen with fresh beverages and fruits