About usZAGENO was founded in 2015, ZAGENO is eliminating bottlenecks to breakthrough science and research through curated connections linking scientists and their institutions’ procurement offices with leading life science vendors. World-renowned academic and government research facilities, global pharmaceutical companies, and biotechs large and small are already users of our unique online biotech marketplace, currently comprising more than three million products.
What do we do?
Our growing ZAGENO team of 60 in Cambridge, USA, and Berlin, Germany, includes experts in science, e-commerce, systems integration, and customer support to enable smarter, faster processes — allowing more time and resources for value-added science and better research results. Find out more on https://zageno.com
- We help scientists choose the optimal laboratory kits and materials for each unique experiment setup.
- We make purchasing transactions more efficient for both buyers and sellers.
- For our vendor partners, we provide a valuable, expanded sales channel.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition in our team in Boston to drive the talent acquisition strategy for our Sales, Customer Success, Operations, Product and Finance teams. You will own the recruiting function in the US autonomously, and with your holistic approach, while being hands-on, you’ll foster ZAGENO’s growth and success.
We're looking for a motivated and driven individual who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
In this role you will:
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
- Partner with key stakeholders to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies
- Conduct research to map out talent within target companies and markets
- Design and own the game plan to recruit A-Players at a fast pace
- Help our teams to be set up for success by defining and designing effective recruitment strategies
- Build, lead and grow the TA team as we scale
- Manage full recruitment lifecycle from creating the position to offer stage
- Ensure top-notch candidate experience while enabling your hiring managers to make the best hiring decisions
- As the first contact with candidates, be the voice and the ambassador of our company, its culture, and values
- Coordinate with all 3rd party vendors to ensure that all services related to Talent Acquisition are meeting the needs of the organization
- Develop and track effective recruitment metrics
- Oversee and manage internal and external position postings, including targeting specialized sites, ensuring broad visibility and securing responses from diverse candidates
- Proven track record of building and leading a team from scratch, preferably in a tech environment
- 5+ years of experience (and ideally a strong network) having recruited (end-to-end) Senior Engineering and Product talent for scaling tech companies
- Experience in designing and conducting in-depth competency and behavioral-based interviews and evaluating candidate profiles
- Proven success delivering recruiting results
- An interest in working in a fast-paced company with room to grow your career in future
- Great sourcing skills and a can-do attitude
- A solid understanding of current employment laws is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in Psychology, Business, Marketing or HR
- Working for a mission-driven business with a meaningful challenge making a positive impact on the scientific community
- A clear growth perspective
- A professional and dynamic team with a global vision and mindset
- An exciting, international working environment (we have 45 nationalities!)
- Competitive compensation
- A learning and development budget to enable your ambitions to grow
- Health benefits - medical, dental, and vision
- 401K with company match
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- Commuting and Fitness Benefits
- A budget to improve your home office environment