sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We’re Europe’s no.1 road freight forwarder with the goal of disrupting and revolutionising this traditional industry. The challenges are huge as many logistics processes and procedures are very manual and inefficient, we’re solving this problem by digitalising and automating to allow for much smoother and more efficient goods transportation. You can learn more about us here
At the spear-tip of this digitalisation and automation is our “Carrier and Driver” business area, which aims to maximise the carrier experience by enabling them to manage their business end to end whilst providing the right loads at the right time.
As a Staff Engineer, you will work across a few different engineering teams within the Carrier & Driver Business Area. You will support Engineering Managers and engineers with technical decisions, work alongside product managers by shaping technical roadmaps, drive prototypes for new features, and refactoring for existing ones. The role would encompass a mix of technical leadership and hands on development.
We value strong engineering skills, deep understanding of business, full ownership, high velocity, collaboration, and initiative.
You will work on
- You will drive the architecture vision and run technical initiatives for your business area,
- You will come up with your own ideas, as well as creating prototypes for ideas driven by Product Managers,
- You will collaborate on designing and developing features,
- You will participate in migrating our Django monolith to modular architecture and microservices,
- We expect you to share your knowledge, help mentor engineers, and represent the qualities of strong engineering culture and excellence.
We want to see in you
Depth. You possess proven expertise in building backends, web services, and distributed systems. We expect you have good experience with Python. We use Django REST Framework, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, etc.
- Breadth. You have understanding of best practices in frontend development, worked with several languages, web frameworks, and databases,
Mindfulness about your craft, “keep your saw sharp”, be active and curious about the ways to improve your work, processes; automate routine operations.
- Good knowledge of and practical experience with different architectures, patterns, and programming paradigms,
- Experience with modern development, deployment and operation practices,
- Pragmatism about getting things done, question the latest hyped shiny techs,
- Ability to speak the languages of technology and business. Interest in the domain of logistics,
- Decency and desire to help. Be willing to support other people, share your expertise, and mentor.
- Competitive salary,
- As a startup, we have flexibility, lack of bureaucracy, you can have great impact and lay foundations of our technological platform,
- As a company with an established business model, we are stable, have real users, provide different options for professional and career development,
- Usual employee’s perks: in-house gym, fruits and drinks, team and company events,
- We treat people equally regardless of their background, sexual preferences, skin colour, and food tastes,
- Flexible working hours and home office.
We are looking forward to your application!
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly and supportive atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.