Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
As a hands-on Staff Engineer you will be one of the main stakeholders to drive the technical direction of the tribe and create alignment across teams in your tribe and beyond. You will work closely with the Senior Engineering Manager, the Group Product Manager and the teams' Tech Leads. Your role is to challenge the teams' technical road maps, work hands-on in 2-3 projects to bring features to maturity, give guidance, help to migrate the remains of our monolith into a state-of-the-art Kotlin microservice architecture, empower our technical vision and create RFCs where collaboration with other tribes is needed. This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components.
Role & Responsibilities
How we work
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across the tribe and department.
- Continuously raise the bar for engineering at Personio by mentoring engineers across the tribe and interviewing for new talent.
- Drive an engineering culture of quality and innovation across teams.
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by your tribe.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Engineering Managers within and outside of your tribe.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
- Previous experience as a Staff Engineer or Principal.
- Outstanding communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Experience with Kotlin or Java, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch and reliable data storage.
- Ability to navigate technical debates & drive technical alignment.
- Passion to enable others & be a force multiplier.
- Exceptional experience designing, developing and operating business critical distributed systems at scale.
- Extensive experience in building a technical strategy and driving it across multiple teams.
- Proven experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineering talent.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a developer with a focus on complex problems with high impact.
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities.
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Beautiful office located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free English language classes
- Flexibility to balance work between remote and in the office
- Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility