Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RolePersonio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. Personio simplifies and automates recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have offices in London and Madrid. We have just started to build out our Irish sales and software engineering hub in Dublin from scratch. Globally we are home to 450 employees, 2,000 customers and we're growing rapidly. In January we acquired $75 million in 'Series C' funding, led by Silicon Valley VC firm Accel. We're rated 4.8/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 99% CEO favourability and 97% would recommend a friend to work here. In June this year we were listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch.
As a Staff Engineer (our most senior IC role) you will be a bar raiser within the Personio Engineering organization and address some of the most difficult technical challenges. How you address each challenge is up to you - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other tribes to tackle a certain problem. This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components.
Role & Responsibilities
How we work
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across the tribe and department.
- Continuously raise the bar for engineering at Personio by mentoring engineers across the tribe and interviewing for new talent.
- Drive an engineering culture of quality and innovation across teams.
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by your tribe.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Engineering Managers within and outside of your tribe.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
- Outstanding communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Ability to navigate technical debates & drive technical alignment.
- Passion to enable others & be a force multiplier.
- Exceptional experience designing, developing and operating business critical distributed systems at scale.
- Extensive experience in building a technical strategy and driving it across multiple teams.
- Proven experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineering talent.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a developer with a focus on complex problems with high impact.
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme (including dental) fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension, up to 5% matching scheme
- Caboodle benefits plan which includes a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, corporate discounts and employee assistance program
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Flexible working hours
- €1,500 Euros development budget for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook (to work with)
- Regular team and company events e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, annual ski trip, online virtual events during Covid etc.
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.