ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Sr. Product Manager for Platform at Contentful, you will be driving the development of an enterprise-ready, highly scalable, reliable, and compliant content platform that powers the next generation of digital experiences.
In close collaboration with the Group Product Manager and the VP of Product, you will shape strategic thinking in the area of platform infrastructure by managing the roadmap. In this position, you will work across infrastructure technology teams pairing with the Engineering Managers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The technology Product Management team, working with a Contentful infrastructure group, drives the product strategy for the key part of our offering - API content platform designed from scratch for the cloud.
Our customer base is growing at a fast pace, and our platform serves billions of API requests every single day. We are looking for an extraordinary product leader with a strategic vision and proven record of successfully getting API platform products to the market.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Work with engineering and data teams on strategy and execution to make sure we are delivering infrastructure products and services that are fast, efficient and dependable for our customers
- Drive a product roadmap and set goals and key success metrics
- Completely own your team's products from ideation to launch, growth, and iteration
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Participate in customer-facing discussions and user conferences as a product expert
- Produce thought-leadership content in the area of cloud computing and platform infrastructure
- Manage uptake of new capabilities by coordinating with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success departments
- Contribute to an inclusive PM culture that shares user insights, learnings, and research findings early, often, and well
- Innovate platform packaging and positioning to increase value for our customers while creating growth opportunities for Contentful
- Identify and solve key challenges with the asset authentication on our platform
- Introduce platform offerings to better align with the customer performance needs
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience - ie. product management or equivalent experience
- A customer-centric product leader that’s passionate about highly scalable, reliable and distributed systems and APIs
- Good understanding of the technical aspects of products and services
- Passion for identifying opportunities and working with teams to deliver
- A proven track record in a similar role in managing large-scale infrastructure products with a focus on API platforms
- Experience working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding of enterprise requirements when it comes to scalability, reliability, compliance, and security
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales on supporting go-to-market strategies, for example through the creation of assets that describe and prove platform services and capabilities
- A strong growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management, ability to lead via influence
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
WHO ARE WE?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!