About the opportunity
The Manager of Solution Architects is a leader in the Professional Services org, which is principally outward-facing. Solution Architects have credibility with technologists and developers of all levels and are effective liaisons with all kinds of customer stakeholders (developers, content creators, marketing, business development). As the leader of this team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with international customers and partners, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies. Your people management skills, technical guidance, strategic advice and product expertise will help them make the right decisions and achieve success with their projects.
Within Contentful, you will work very closely with your team as well as leaders and team members from Customer Success, Sales/Account Executives, Marketing, Product and Pre-Sales Solution Engineers. You will be the bridge between Solution Services and the rest of the company.
Your domain expertise will also enable you to provide industry thought leadership on the topics of content structuring, microservices architectures, and content deployment and delivery best-practices. You’ll share this knowledge via blogs, writing whitepapers, leading training workshops, or speaking at conferences.
What to expect?
- You will lead the Solution Architecture team and own the technical strategy and execution around onboarding our customers and continuously driving value once they’ve launched
- You will align and work closely with Sales to discover, scope, present and sell Services offerings
- You contribute towards Content Strategy thought-leadership and organize/deploy Contentful implementation best practices so they optimize onboarding time to value
- You own the implementation methodology focused on prescriptively and proactively getting a customer to value as quickly as possible
- You collaborate closely with the Customer Success Management team on driving Customers to value.
- You create a strategy to provide ongoing consultation and advice to all customers about Contentful’s features and architectural design best-practices, thereby aiding their projects’ long-term success
- You develop and evolve workshops and services to customers using Contentful to support them in achieving their technical and business objectives
- You provide thought leadership on API-first & headless as the right approach for the management and delivery of content in today's multi-channel world
- you synthesize and communicate industry insights and customer feedback to our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
What you need to be successful:
- In depth experience in Lead Engineering or Consulting positions for a developer-focused/technical SaaS company
- Hands-on experience with programming in several of the following languages: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, and Python
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer leading the end-to-end deployment with modern tech stack (JS frameworks, static site generators, REST APIs, GraphQL, CMSs, CDNs, etc.) and mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Experience designing and implementing Scalable Distributed Solutions
- Proven ability to communicate professionally with executive teams, internally and externally, with customers and partners, including CXO-level ability to manage stakeholder interests and navigate customer organizations to ensure successful technical engagements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Proven track record of leading change programs across multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrable success of leading, inspiring and empowering a high-performance technical team.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer skills from previous employment, strong empathy for customers and customer success
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Take a break and show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine or play with one of our pups. We’re a dog-friendly office!
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.