As part of the SumUp Bank team, you will help to change the lives of more than 40 million low income, unbanked Brazilians creating new and comprehensive financial services we have been building from scratch.
We are 2000+ SumUpers around the globe, 850+ only in Brazil and 45+ in the Bank team. Specifically in our small Banking Finance team, you’ll be empowered to help us build all the necessary finance reports, analysis, processes and controls for our 1 year old Banking product. If you’re excited about working in a startup environment and empowering small business owners, we’d love to hear from you.
Work on a team fully dedicated to build and scale SumUp Bank, we are building a digital bank from scratch that will help Brazilian small business owners in being even more empowered to manage their finances and thrive at doing what they love;
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams, being the main responsible to create accounting routines, controls and reports to support product and features launch.
- Prepare official reports to Brazilian Central Bank (CADOCs 4010, 4016, 3040…).
- Prepare financial statements in IFRS and BRGAAP (COSIF) and provide support to external auditors.
- Support the squads to integrate with the different Central Bank systems in order to offer new features to our merchants
- Define and create financial modelling and analysis for critical decisions with new providers, projects and features
- Support business processes including budgeting, KPI monitoring, cash flow and P&L
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have experience in accounting financial institutions according to IFRS and BRGAAP (COSIF), including official reports to Brazilian Central Bank as CADOC 4010, 4016, 4060, 4066, 3040, 3050 and others.
- You have experience preparing financial statements according to IFRS and BRGAAP (COSIF).
- You have experience providing information and attending the external auditors.
- You are a fast-learner and self-starter. You'll be working at a Fintech: be prepared to run things outside of your scope and do not expect us to have all answers you need
- You are data driven, creating advanced spreadsheets and coming up with conclusions/recommendations
- Excel ninja skills is a must. Python and SQL to automate manual tasks and extract data would be greatly appreciated
- You have a ownership behavior and an unquiet mind, always questioning the “status quo” and getting the team to the next level
- You have previous experience at a Big4 company.
- You have a University Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business.
- You are fluent in Portuguese and English - you'll be working in a truly global company
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents;
- You'll be part of an amazing team and work environment that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results;
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies;
- We have great benefits: transport voucher or parking space, meal voucher, Gympass, healthcare insurance, life insurance and private pension plan.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.