If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing technology startup sennder, which has its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more about us here.
The Spot Development Executive would join our exciting new Scaled Spot team and help us accelerate our growth by leveraging our sennder tools to develop our shippers through flawless operational execution & top customer service skills. Come and be a part of our fast paced and growing team based in our Riga office.
We hope you are excited to help create a product with lasting value, improve your sales abilities and learn about how we're changing the Logistics Industry.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of a new team at sennder. Join on the ground floor and help us build the future of freight!
What You Will Do:
Account growth; manage and define shipper strategies with market trends in mind, own and grow a large portfolio of accounts.
Customer relationship management; unlock and test new shippers with high opportunity potential across both currently active and new markets.
Pricing; provide accurate pricing based on current market conditions for Spot opportunities.
Performance; manage the metrics of your respective accounts, with a focus to achieve high revenue at a positive profit and margin.
Strategy; collaborate with different teams across the business to target favourable lanes and match acquired volume with our active carrier base.
Communication; negotiate with customers to find the optimal solution for both sides.
What it takes to be successful:
- Proven experience in freight forwarding operations or logistics, at least 2 years.
- Knowledge of the European freight market.
- Problem solving mindset. We're faced with new and exciting challenges every single day.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently in a high-paced start-up environment.
- Strong analytical and result-oriented mindset.
- Self-starter with a hands-on working methodology.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected situations in a dynamic environment.
- Stress-resistant and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Fluency in Latvian and English, written and spoken.
Bonus if you have:
- Previous experience in a client facing or sales oriented role in a B2B environment.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Google Sheets or Looker.
- Other European languages are a plus.
What we will offer:
A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- Growth opportunity in the field of people experience, people development or people operations.
A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process twice per year, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning & development opportunities and dedicated budget of 300 EUR per year for your personal growth needs.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, through regular quarterly team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Covid-19 Relief Package and a hybrid work model.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Health insurance.
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy building and nourishing long-lasting friendships across teams.