In this role, you’ll be part of the Merchant Acquisition Tribe. This tribe as a whole is responsible for building resilient and scalable platforms and tools for SumUp’s market-facing teams so that our merchants and partners can easily find and start using the right SumUp products for their business.
The squads are cross-functional and autonomous teams. We empower every member to have a significant impact on feature design, prioritization, and delivery. You’ll be able to help shape the future of the team as well as the future of SumUp’s Engineering and Product organization.
What you'll do
- Work in an agile, cross-functional team to ship code on a daily basis
Develop new features and components on our merchant app using technologies like Kotlin
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful;
- Participate in technical discussions with backend specialists in order to solve our domain problems in a clean way;
- Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You're comfortable with Kotlin and Java and have 4+ years of development experience;
- You strive for clean code, performance and know how to write tests;
- You care about user interaction, usability and making the interface beautiful;
- You have a passion for user impact, and radically prioritize simplicity;
- You have great English communication skills.
It would be a plus if
- You have experience with Firebase. For example, you used Remote Config to run A/B testing
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll play a key role in a “startup” that in turn is part of a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents;
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties, and sports;
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training;
- You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects;
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes subsidized Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits;
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family, and even your pets;
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities;
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch;
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.