NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for enterprise retailers. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining mobile POS, an omnichannel order broker, and inventory management. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are executed on intuitive iPhone apps, creating a joyful shopping experience for the consumer and associate alike. NewStore customers include ANINE BING, Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, MCM, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
We build and maintain a state-of-the-art microservice architecture with an API first approach and use the following technologies: AWS, RESTful APIs, Node.js, React Native (iOS), Python.
Follow Your Passion
NewStore is looking for a Solution Architect to join our growing Professional Services Team with a focus on both internal customer advocacy and external expertise. The position reports to the Director of Professional Services. The place of work could be in Boston or remote within the US with periodic travel to headquarters and customer locations.
The successful candidate will be involved from the initial customer contact through to the planning and execution of the project involving solution partners, internal software developers and clients. You will be leading all technical aspects of customer implementations from project kickoff to complete delivery. The ideal candidate will have a background in retail industry and commerce with successful large, multi-language / multi-currency / multi-store rollouts. You will work closely with internal teams, including product management and engineering, as well as solution partners. You will be leading the technical aspects of customer implementations including sprint planning, use case definition and guide developers by example. As we are an early stage startup, your influence in prioritizing features and processes will be critical to the company’s success. You will also work closely with the training and customer success teams to support the onboarding of the customers on our technology.
- Meet with clients to define and articulate business requirements and a delivery plan for solutions leveraging NewStore, existing ecommerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP solutions, etc.
- Work with Retail teams and associates to plan best store launch strategy.
- Guide and design solution architecture for projects to be delivered by a solution partner team
- Analyze proposed solutions for integrations of inventory management, fulfilment and ERP systems, commerce and PIM solutions, payment and taxation providers, etc.
- Recommend solutions with an eye to future scalability, performance, maintenance and usage
- Cooperate with sales and solution partners by proposing solutions, demonstrating the technology, helping respond to RFPs and serving as as SME for subsequent questions
- As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for educating and guiding decisions made by solution partners and customer technical team, including leading by example when necessary
- Lead by example with your technology expertise and methodology
- As a seasoned customer-facing professional, you will have skills to influence stakeholders and team members
- You will responsible for attaining customer objectives within time and scope, without sacrificing architectural integrity
- Proven success in delivering projects on time, in scope, and to customer business objectives
- Relevant experience with several of the following subject areas:
- Enjoys working with customers - customer focused, experience working with a 3rd party delivery team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, German a plus
- A facility for interpreting business needs into technical requirements, and making them accessible to different target groups
- Flexibility in the presence of shifting situations whilst maintaining a cool and dominant posture
- Methodical thinker who is supremely logical and can apply these skills to solve complex issues
- A strategic thinker who can anticipate potential challenges related to invisible constraints such as scalability and regional/international differences, etc.
- Preferably university qualifications in a technical field such as engineering or computer science
- Travel 25%
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401(k)
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity to travel to other offices
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy
Questions? Email us: