Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RolePersonio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. Personio simplifies and automates recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have offices in London and Madrid. Earlier this year we began building out our international sales and software engineering hub in Dublin from scratch. Globally we are home to 500 employees, 2,500 customers and we're growing rapidly. In January we acquired $75 million in 'Series C' funding, led by Silicon Valley VC firm Accel. We're rated 4.7/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 99% CEO favourability and 97% would recommend a friend to work here. This year we were listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch and in addition to that we celebrated recorded breaking months in June, July and September this year. Come join us.
We are hiring our first Software Engineering Manager in Dublin who can help us push the boundaries of growth and innovation in a fast-paced environment, while leading one of our mission-based teams. You’ll not just get the opportunity to build high-performing interdisciplinary teams, but as a leader you'll have the opportunity to impact engineering, operational and management excellence across the entire department.
What You Will Get:
- High-performing teams: build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on the development of our engineers
- Maximising impact: collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute on the most impactful initiatives
- Architecture: work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable and secure products
- Engineering culture: build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department.
- Technical excellence: leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices
- Autonomy: you’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality
- Transparency: we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them
- Feedback: we firmly believe in learning from each other. We embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback
- Opportunity: you have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, on-boarding and much more
- Diversity: the best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects
- Flexibility: there is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective
What you need to succeed
- Over 3 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers.
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable distributed systems
- You have a proven track record building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence and transparency
- You have an ability to to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead
- You are data driven in your decision making
- You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way.
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservices architecture.
- You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organisation you can communicate transparently and effectively
- You have excellent English language skills
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- Flexible working hours
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- €1,500 Euros development budget for attending conferences, courses, buying books etc.
- MacBook (to work with)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- Additional benefits are being rolled out as we continue to grow e.g. healthcare, pension etc.
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19. Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.