As part of our vision to become a truly global IT organisation, we have started to build our local, autonomous, cross-functional squads that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution with full autonomy. As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of one of two of our new squads in Brazil, which means that you will have the freedom to experiment with new things and apply your ideas in our products.
What you'll do
- Participate in API design and implementation for both internal APIs and those exposed to our third-party integrators;
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive documentation and testing for your features before shipping them;
- Design, implement, and iteratively improve new services and systems;
- Collaborate with other Software, QA and DevOps engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and support for quality software;
- Coach and mentor other engineers to increase their abilities and productivity;
- Actively provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation;
- Interact daily with our different areas bringing technical perspective for each new feature, but also taking account the business value added on it.
You'll be great for this position if
- You are fluent in Portuguese and and advanced (or fluent) in English - you'll be working in a truly global company;
- You have experience with Git and SQL (PostgreSQL);
- You have solid debugging and problem-solving skills;
- You're familiar with Agile Methodologies (Scrum or Kanban).
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
SulAmérica health insurance plan (co-participation), Caju benefit (multiple possibilities: meals, culture, health), Partnership for mental health activities with Zenklub, optional dental assistance, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance and more.
- You’ll have the freedom to work from anywhere in Brazil. Our office is based in the heart of São Paulo, one of LATAM’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.