As a Software Engineer in the Merchant Bank Tribe, you’ll be part of the team which builds SumUp's own digital bank to make our customers more successful in what they like doing. You’ll be part of a local, autonomous, cross-functional team that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, and iteratively improve back-end services
- Maintain and evolve the core banking system
- Participate in API design and implementation for both internal APIs and those exposed to our third-party integrators
- Help your team to deliver business value by taking decisions related to back-end and actively participating in the product discussions
- Provide comprehensive documentation, good test coverage, and improve code quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, QA and DevOps engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continuous integration, and support for the software that we deliver
- Actively participate in code reviews with other software engineers
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have previous experience as a back-end engineer.
- You have relevant experience with JVM based programming languages.
- You have experience with distributed and fault-tolerant systems.
- You’re familiar with Spring or another web MVC framework.
- You have a passion for clean, maintainable and testable code.
Any of the following would be considered a plus
- You have experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- You feel comfortable with Unix/Linux environments.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll receive 25 days’ paid leave, plus 1 additional day for each year of employment.
- You can take up to 10 days’ educational leave to expand your skill set.
- We offer additional health insurance, a subsidised Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch.
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.