Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
We are expanding globally and have specifically pinpointed Milan as an emerging market where we will be opening our first Tech Hub!
What you'll get to do
- Work on a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs with growth opportunities in a fast-paced business.
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development.
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it.
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practicesWork in small autonomous teams with short release cycles.
You'll get the chance to work with
- The latest Java version, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kafka, ELK and AWS.
You should have
- Experience of software development in Java
- Strong problem solving ability
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
What we offer
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work in an international company with people from a variety of different countries in a central location in Milan.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary and compensation package. We recognise that life is more than work, and promote work life balance.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English. For this position we do not provide relocation support.