Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 90 nationalities.
We are expanding globally and have specifically pinpointed Milan as an emerging market where we will be opening our first Tech Hub!
What you'll get to do
- Work on a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs with growth opportunities in a fast-paced business.
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development.
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it.
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practicesWork in small autonomous teams with short release cycles.
You'll get the chance to work with
- The latest Java version, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kafka, ELK and AWS.
You should have
- Experience of software development in Java
- Strong problem solving ability
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
What we offer
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work in an international company with people from a variety of different countries in a central location in Milan.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary and compensation package. We recognise that life is more than work, and promote work life balance.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English. For this position we do not provide relocation support.