Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Ever wondered why banking is so customer unfriendly? The UX is a nightmare, modern features with quick logins and integrations seem non-existent. Feature rollouts take months and that’s just not smoooth.
At Klarna we aim to fix that. We want to create a banking offer that is both a pleasure to use as a consumer and one that you as a developer can use for your Fintech startup. Starting a new bank? Use our platform. Want to launch your own credit card? Use our platform. We do all the heavy lifting for you, providing a secure and compliant set of APIs which allow developers to focus on adding value through building their own financial products and services
By being based on a modern architecture in the cloud, utilizing tools such as Erlang, Scala, Clojure and Haskell, combined with a serverless architecture -- we will deliver on that expectation.
We're expanding several of our financial platform engineering teams; We're always adding functionality into our payment processing systems and products and we're in the process of building a modern banking platform.
What you’ll get to do
- Own your services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you.
You'll get the chance to work with
Functional programming languages including Erlang, Scala (typelevel stack), Clojure, Functional Typescript and JVM tooling.*
We are also utilising:
Mnesia, and a range of OTP tools.
Kafka, Serverless, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, LevelDB.
Prometheus, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
* Previous functional programming experience isn’t essential, but you should be open to learning and working with any of these languages as the choices available may change over time.
What we offer
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 45 different countries in our English speaking office in Stockholm city centre.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, along with 30 days annual leave. We recognise that life is more than work, and offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
Relocation - We can offer full relocation support to Stockholm for senior candidates. Remote work is not something we can accomodate.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English.