Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a talented Backend Engineer to join making N26 operate and run. You will evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Backend Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test and deploy software solutions
- Maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Have a high degree of autonomy
- Work with international, highly engaged peers
- Work with people and teams who have a getting things done attitude
Tech stack overview:
- Java 8 with Spring Boot and Kotlin
- We have a microservices architecture that include REST APIs, Queues (AWS SQS), Streams (AWS Kinesis), RDBMS (AWS RDS), NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB and AWS ElasticCache)
- Data Warehouse (AWS Redshift), among others.
What you need to be successful:
- 2 years or more of experience in developing software using Java 8 and Spring Boot, ideally for large-scale production systems
- The ability to work independently
- Be highly motivated and a fast learner
- Be a problem solver
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- Strong call to action and for getting things done
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.