About usWe are FRIDAY. Our aim is to offer an insurance that actually benefits our customers’ lives. We are building the first entirely stress-free car insurance - without loads of paperwork, annoying bureaucracy and lengthy contract duration.
For us to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts and senior technologists. We are based in Berlin and benefit from the support and trust of the renowned Swiss Baloise Group.
Are you looking for a job? We would love to hear from you
Your ResponsibilitiesAs a Java Developer at FRIDAY you will help us shape our digital products and utilize our state-of-art technologystack to disrupt – an old school Industry.
Think one of the FAANG’s go for Insurance. Awesome!
So, If you are eager to work on the leading insurance technology of tomorrow, and become vital part of our Tech Hub in Warsaw, then you’ve came to right place !
- Take advantage of our tech stack Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot or Python, to build software and run it on AWS and Kubernetes.
- Design and build to a modular, state-of-the-art software platform with a microservice architecture, built around Guidewire as our core-insurance system
- Together with product owners, designers and domain experts you discussed bold ideas and bring to life best possible experience for our customers.
- Dive deep into code of our products to revamp the effectiveness, performance, and scalability of them.
- Take ownership of the products you build and strive to continuously improve them.
- Be an active Scrum team member by sharing your ideas and make good use of the team's self-organisation.
- Always learning (specially from mistakes).
- A variety of things we can’t predict - since we are a startup the role might be
Your ideal background and skillset
- Have at least 4 years of relevant work experience with software development, specifically working with JVM based languages like Java.
- Passion and the skills to ship high quality software.
- All around player, fast, self-learing individual.
- Relevant work experience in an agile team.
- Understanding of web-scale software architectures and application design.
- Being comfortable building cloud-native applications.
- Smart, problem solver.
- Sharing is carrying attitude.
- Love for getting things done!
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to work for one of the fast-rising technology company in Europe
- Employment contract with competitive salary, attractive benefits including 30 days of vacation, additional benefit and development budget, Medicover package and the chance to work in a modern office space in the heart of Warsaw
- Commitment to take the best of Guidewire capabilities to build awesome insurance products that are fun to use
- Development ecosystem comprised of state-of-the-art technology stack, with microservices architecture
- Close collaboration with the FRIDAY-Team of InsurTech experts based in Berlin
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do
- Work-life balance with no dress code and bureaucracy