Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RolePersonio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. Personio simplifies and automates recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have offices in London, Madrid and most recently Dublin. Globally we are home to 450 employees, 2,000 customers and we're growing rapidly. In January we acquired $75 million in 'Series C' funding, led by Silicon Valley VC firm Accel. We're rated 4.8/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 99% CEO favourability and 97% would recommend a friend. In June this year we were listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch.
We are just starting to build out our brand new Site Reliability Engineering team in Dublin from scratch. We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a strong background in database technologies along with problem-solving skills fuelled by a desire to design, build, and scale the infrastructure of one of Europe’s fastest-growing SaaS startups. The SRE team offers services, tools, and coaching to the product engineers in a self-service way in order to allow them to have full ownership of their applications and infrastructure. Due to the sensitivity of the data we host we adhere to the highest data protection requirements. We strive to further build a state of the art and least-maintenance infrastructure to fulfil our customers’ needs.
In this role you would be responsible for building an automated, secure, reliable, and cost-efficient platform that enables innovation and easy access to solutions for engineers to focus on feature development.
- Monitor, maintain, and apply best-practices for the underlying platform infrastructure
- Write public and accessible documentation and organise training for a good customer experience regarding the services we manage
- Support running the Personio applications from an SRE perspective in order to automate tasks
- Support product engineers and platform engineers with all the knowledge you have
- Provide engineers with tools required to build and run their services
- Aim for a cost-efficient infrastructure and work with product teams to optimise the costs
- Proactively engage in shaping the future product and platform architecture
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years production experience with AWS
- Experience in fast-scaling SaaS environment
- Administrating production databases with replication and heavy loads
- Production experience with Docker
- Infrastructure as code experience & container orchestration experience with Kubernetes
- Proven experience with microservice architecture and tooling
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools
- Experience with best practices in software engineering
- Confidence in coaching and onboarding team members and driving cross-team engineering initiatives
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we’ve recently opened our Dublin office in the Docklands area all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19. Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme (including dental) fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension, up to 5% matching scheme
- Caboodle benefits plan which includes a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, corporate discounts and employee assistance program
- 26 paid vacation days plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- Flexible working hours
- €1,500 Euros development budget for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook (to work with)
- Regular team and company events e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, annual ski trip, online virtual events during Covid etc.