About usWe offer the next generation eCommerce platform - API and cloud based, highly scalable and on every channel. We put outstanding tech knowledge and enthusiasm in a modern, friendly and family oriented environment.
commercetools was founded in 2006 and we have offices in Germany (Munich, Berlin and Jena), the Netherlands (Amsterdam), the US (Durham, North Carolina) and from 2019 also in UK (London) and the APAC region (Singapore). We are one of the world's leading providers of cloud-based eCommerce technology. Our highly available, omnichannel platform enables implementation of complex retail models across all sales channels. The extensive API connects existing processes and technologies flexibly. We offer sustainable solutions for both B2C and B2B retailers. Since 2014 commercetools is a subsidiary of REWE Group. Some of our customers are Carhartt, Merkur, REWE and Medimax.
Join our vision in becoming the number one eCommerce company!
Automate the automation - with passion and quality. In our cloud native world, you have access regardless of where the software runs. It's your task to design this world, where not only features get shipped faster, but also issues are avoided proactively. You are responsive to business demands and eager to choose the right tools and technology - because "milliseconds matter". Join our global team and work together with smart colleagues from Germany, US and Vietnam!
About your new role
- Scaling our platform and being responsible for its availability
- Designing and implementation of a reactive cloud architecture as well as improving our continuous deployment chain
- Minimize incident impacts by being informed upfront with monitoring, logs and metrics and having an eye on IT standards and security
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
This is how we work
Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
commercetools is living a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If your job profile aligns with our technical requirements, business needs and company culture, we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, learning ability and passion and not your age, race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics or disability.
Skills & Requirements
- Five years’ experience as Systems Engineer and Software Engineer (DevOps culture) in an international team
- Strong skills in both Linux and at least one major programming language (Golang, Python, Java/Scala would be great - mainly because we use the first two most of the time, and the other two are fine since our backend is JVM based)
- Proficient in container orchestration (Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, etc.); K8s production experience a plus
- Experience managing AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Practical work experience with MongoDB and ElasticSearch
- Solid handling of Configuration Management tools like Terraform
- Understanding of CI/CD and GitOps
- Experience with central logging (ELK stack) and monitoring systems (we use Prometheus)
- Mentality to share and the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new things
- Fluent English to work in an international, distributed, cross-functional team
- Great team player & reliable colleague
Contact informationDo you have any questions regarding the role, our company, (engineering) culture or work environment? Feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Manager Daniela (+49 173 693 5577)!