Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
The Compliance Screening team is part of IOS, which acts as an internal insourcing department. The team's main focus is to prevent Klarna from being used in financial crimes such as money laundering and terrorism financing.
As we continue to grow our customer base, our global footprint, products and channels as well as our screening functions are growing in sophistication and become integral in the success of the business.
To help drive a world-class first-line defence against financial crimes, we are now looking for a Service Specialist to join the Compliance Screening team.
What you will be doing
As a Service Specialist for Compliance Screening, you will be performing reviews and investigations of high risk customers and segments for all of Klarna’s markets and products. You will identify, prevent and monitor high risk transactions in relation to financial crimes. Your focus will be first-line defence - performing operational tasks such as;
- Daily reviewing of individuals matched against Politically Exposed Person (PEP) lists as well as EU Sanction lists.
- Review individuals that are under investigation by federal law enforcement.
- Investigate individuals and business entities hit by high risk scenarios and alarms, including sending and reviewing KYC and EDD questionnaires.
- Receive and investigate suspicious transactions, escalated by other departments and decide on further escalation process.
- Report suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Perform monthly and quarterly risk controls connected to KYC, AML and CTF.
- Suggest improvements to monitoring processes, consumer risk rating and review/investigation routines to improve detection.
You will work in a cross functional team and in close collaboration with the Compliance Experience and Compliance Infrastructure teams in the Consumer Services Domain, the Compliance function and the rest of Service Center.
You should get in touch with us if you:
- Are a solution oriented and street smart person with an interest in risk, law proceedings and e-commerce
- Always put great emphasis on quality, details and enjoy a structured way of working
- Are accurate, a true team player and thrive when working in a highly challenging environment
- Are used to communicating with people cross-functionally
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- A strong ability to process large sets of information and detect anomalies
- A structured and accurate way of working
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong drive and enjoy working in a high pace operational environment
Interested? Great! Apply as soon as possible as we speak with suitable candidates continuously.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business.