About the opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join our office in Berlin, and help add to our inclusive and efficient work environment. You should be looking forward to mentor Junior engineers and working on improving processes.
You will join the Cards & Digital Wallets Segment in the Platform Domain, where we are all responsible for providing our users and the company with a secure, compliant, scalable and disruption-free Cards experience.
The Cards & Digital Wallets Group is located in our Berlin office, which is the global hub for all of our domestic and international payments business. Timing wise you are joining at a pivotal moment during which we are redefining our payments strategy to achieve scale and grow revenue inline with our growing global footprint.
You have strong fundamentals of web development such as its languages, security, design, performance and accessibility. You are keen to work closely with other disciplines on a wide range of projects. You care about quality, performance, user experience, and building accessible products for everyone.
You enjoy taking the initiative to solve problems, and proactively look for areas of improvement in the product and codebase. You should also be enthusiastic about working with the wider web discipline, mentoring more junior members, creating a healthy work environment where people can thrive and contribute to N26 products.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Work across cross-disciplinary teams on N26 card projects, and web infrastructure topics.
- Work on a modern unified tech stack with the main components being Express, React, Apollo GraphQL, CSS-in-JS (with Fela) to name just a few.
- Be interested in contributing to our extensive documentation and our testing suite (unit testing with Jest, accessibility checks, end-to-end testing with Cypress…).
- On top of working with a modern tech stack on interesting projects, N26 offers a generous professional development budget and dedicated time to experiment with new technologies and ideas (known as Get Stuff Done Days). We also encourage engineers to attend and speak at conferences, providing assistance and support to get started on this matter.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience working on agile environments.
- Caring about quality, performance, user experience and security.
- Experience developing web applications and considering accessibility (WCAG 2.1 compliance knowledge or basic theoretical knowledge)
- Experience with web service APIs working with either REST, GraphQL or both.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Node.js, Universal (Isomorphic) applications, Express or Redis.
- Recent experience with React.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and actively improve their work environment and product.
- Eager to help bring together teams in four different countries into a single product.
- Strong call to action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.