Our global team of 90+ designers have deep expertise in User Experience Research, Product Design and Brand Design. Product Designers work in co-located cross-functional teams across all our offices in Berlin, Warsaw, Cologne, Copenhagen, Sofia and São Paulo. They develop solutions for our core payments product including our bespoke hardware, as well as a suite of software tools that support merchants as they grow their business. We believe in quality, in making complex business tools simple, and in using data to anticipate merchants' needs as their business grows.
As Senior Designer with focus on extending and developing our mobile and web design system, you will bring quality and consistency to our multi-product experience. The ideal candidate has passion for creating and maintaining design systems, and helping product designers apply them across our functional tribes and different services to create a suite of elegant products that anyone can use.
The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep cool under pressure, mediate and cope with rapid change, problem solving skills, and attention to detail. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who believes in high standards, has deep knowledge of different existing pattern libraries and mobile OS conventions, and is passionate about building accessibility into our core components.
- You have 6+ years of experience as a UI Designer, with deep expertise in systems design, visual principles, knowledgeable about UX and able to translate that to holistic UX patterns
- You think strategically and systematically, able to align and define impeccable details in UI and UX in a coherent theme, while keeping the overall organisational big picture of potential new use cases and evolution in a multi-product and multi-platform environment
- You execute across different phases of design work: define underlying frameworks for the design system, execute UI components and UX patterns with attention to detail, participate or conduct usability testing to validate your solutions and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation of the design system
- You design, document and implement best-of-class design components and UX patterns, following a human-centered design process approach and commit to uphold the highest quality standards and craftsmanship
- You possess extraordinary ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations
- You proactively engage with your design and development chapters and peers to get feedback and optimize the experience across different touch points and platforms
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams across tribes on their needs, validating specific components and recommendations with studies and prototypes
- You plan, manage and lead different workstreams clearly and efficiently in an agile environment, where you keep focus on solving problems in a holistic and in scalable way
- You are passionate about leading, mentoring and guiding peers and cross-tribe teams to find consensus, align to the shared vision and support them in contributing to the design system
- You identify new design trends, including in motion and other media, and adapt and evolve the design system to these trends as appropriate
- BA or MA in Design or related fields, or complementary studies with deep work experience in product design
- Be part of a welcoming and international community of 3000+ people from over 50 nationalities across 12 global offices. We get together regularly for breakfast, brunches, cocktail nights and office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- BVG Corporate Ticket
- Football, Bouldering & Running teams
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Yoga classes
Note: Systems design examples need to be showcased in the portfolio
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.