About the opportunity
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join us in redefining what a modern banking experience looks and feels like. You will be a part of our growing US team, and play a vital role in the product development cycle by being the voice of our customers and helping our product succeed in the mobile banking space.
Our N26 Experience Design team (NXD) has more than 35 designers and researchers across our offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Vienna and New York, and is growing.
As a member of the team, you will get to create innovative and desirable experiences by listening and engaging with people, applying design and research methods and strategies to create value, both for users and the business.
Let's build the bank the world loves to use!
Once here you will
- Help the organization understand the needs, challenges and wishes of customers today and in the future
- Shape the development of an innovative and user-centered experience across platforms, channels and markets
- Work embedded in a cross-functional product team to identify key research questions, address them through a mixed methods approach, and help the team build an exceptional user experience
- Collaborate closely with product, design, data, engineering and business analytics to drive customer-centered decisions on product strategy design direction and development roadmaps.
- Be part of a global research community to shape the user research practice at N26 and evolve the research process to what best suits our needs
- Be the voice of the customer, and advocate user research findings to diverse audiences across the organisation
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years of experience conducting generative and evaluative research in a product or design environment
- Experience working with a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative methods including in-depth interviews, remote research, prototype testing, usability testing, surveys, user log analysis, longitudinal studies, market landscape analysis
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to product and design outcomes.
- Strong ability to work together with product management and design to translate research findings into product decisions and design solutions. Teaching the teams on how and when to use certain methods.
- Ability to land your insights into high level product concepts.
- Great storytelling, communication and collaboration skills to address a wide range of stakeholders
- A global mindset and comfort and willingness to partner well in a global company with key stakeholders
- Experience using remote research tools such as UserZoom or User Testing, design tools such as Figma, and working with a design system
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods, statistics and tools such as SQL, Python, or R is a plus
- Experience in consumer financial tech is a plus
The qualities that lie at the heart of our interview process include candidate experience, equal opportunity and transparency. With these guiding principles in mind, our process is designed to allow both parties to get a better understanding of what working with each other would look and feel like. Here are the steps you can expect throughout your interview experience with us:
Screening Call - the screening call will be your first touchpoint in clarifying the framework conditions for the role
Hiring Manager Interviews - your next step will be a conversation with the hiring manager who can provide you with more information specific to the day-to-day expectations for the position
Technical/Research Challenge - at this point, a technical assessment and simulation of on the job interaction is required to help our team better understand your capabilities
Final/Team Interviews - finally, meeting key stakeholders and peers who you would be working with is an important last step in allowing both parties to engage in meaningful conversations to help make a final decision. The interview partners will assess your skill-set and knowledge via a competency and technical framework.
Interviewing for a new role is a big deal, and we know that. We appreciate you considering N26 as the next step in your career. The Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Who we are
N26 is the mobile banking platform that is redesigning banking for the 21st century. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
N26 launched in the U.S. in 2019 and already has over 500,000 customers. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has more than 7 million customers in 25 markets across the world. The company employs more than 1,500 employees across 8 office locations: Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.